Water Puma Lake Titicaca (03 Days / 02 Nights) from USD $ 201
The Lake Titicaca, the puma of water, is the world’s highest navigable lake. It is situated in the Region of Puno, on the Peruvian side, at an altitude of 3,800 m .a.s.l. and it possesses many floating islands inhabited by Quechua and Aymara native populations. It is an ecosystem which has a rich and varied fauna mainly composed of birds.
In the Lake Titicaca are the floating Islands of the Uros and Taquile. The Uros Island is one of América’s most ancient peoples, dedicated to handicraft production, fishing and taxidermy.
Our journey will take us to Amantani Island, the love island; a place of great ethnic and cultural value, with pre-Incan and Incan archaeological sites. Its inhabitants are mainly dedicating themselves to handicraft, fishing and agriculture, and their textile art is very much appreciated.
Besides the lake. we’ll visit Sillustani’s Archaeological Complex; one of the largest pre-Incan and Incan necropolis, with its monumental and gigantic chullpas which are carved stone towers, with a larger diameter on their upper part, than at their base, challenging the laws of physics.
DAY 01 Arrival in Juliaca / Transfer to Puno / Sillustani
- Reception at Juliaca’s airport, transfer to your hotel, in the city of Puno, coca leaf tea and acclimatization
- Lunch on your own account
- 2:00 p.m.: Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Sillustani
- Return to your hotel
- Dinner on your own account.
DAY 02 Guided excursion to the Uros´ Islands / Amantaní Island / Return to Puno
- Breakfast at your hotel
- 6:30 a.m.: Transfer to the port, to board a motorized boat to the Uros´ Floating Islands
- Guided visit to the Uros Islands
- 10:30 a.m.: Arrival on Amantaní Island and guided tour
- Typical lunch on the island
- 1:30 p.m.: Return to Puno
- 4:30 p.m.: Arrival in Puno and transfer to your hotel
- Dinner on your own account.
DAY 03 Departure transfer
- Breakfast and transfer to Juliaca’s airport.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Transfers airport / hotel / airport
- Transfers hotel / port / hotel
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Excursion to Sillustani
- Excursion to the Uros and Taquile
- 02 hotel nights in Puno
- 01 lunch and 02 breakfasts
- Entrance fees to the places to be visited
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit.
Does Not Include:
- 19% VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD$ 06.05, to board national flights and USD$ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food, extras, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights because of flight cancellations or that of other services, due to causes beyond the company’s control.
What recommended that you bring:
- Comfortable backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Adequate shoes
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion
- Towel and personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $