The climate is cold, semi-dry and mild during the day, and cold at night. The average annual temperature is of 9? C, dropping in winter to 3? C. The rainfall season is from November to March and the dry season is from April to October.
- To the North, with the Region of Madre de Dios
- To the East, with Bolivia
- To the South, with Tacna and Bolivia
- To the West, with Cusco, Arequipa and Moquegua.
- Puno / Lima 1,540.61 km.
- Puno / Puerto Maldonado 621.47 km.
- Puno / Desaguadero / La Paz
- Puno / Moquegua / Tacna
- Puno / Cusco 388.98 km.
- Puno / Arequipa 573.71 km.
- Cusco / Juliaca / Puno
- Puno / Juliaca / Arequipa (Charter only).
There are regular daily flights from and to the city of Juliaca’s airport, from and to the cities of Lima, Arequipa and Cusco.
By the Lake
Transportation on Lake Titicaca takes place from and to the ports of Puno, Juli, Pomata, Yunguyo, Desaguadero, Arapa and Huiñaimarca.