Uros / Amantaní (02 Days / 01 Night) from USD $ 180
Lake Titicaca; the jewel of the Peruvian and Bolivian high plateaus, is the world’s highest navigable lake. It is situated in the Region of Puno, on the Peruvian side, at an altitude of 3,800 m.a.s.l. and it possesses many floating islands inhabited by Quechua and Aymara native populations.
It is an ecosystem which has a rich and varied fauna mainly composed of birds. There, are the floating Islands of the Uros, one of América’s most ancient peoples, dedicated to handicraft production, fishing and taxidermy.
Amantaní Island is also known as “Love’s Island”, as it is especially delightful and its population is composed of eight native Quechua communities which are mainly dedicated to handicraft, agriculture and animal raising activities.
They are great hosts and you can share their customs, live experiences and typical food. Their handicraft and textile art are very much appreciated, as well as their stone carving work, ceramics and other decorative or utilitarian items.
UROS / AMANTANI PROGRAM
DAY 01 Puno / Uros´ Islands / Amantaní Island , with overnight stay
- 8:00 a.m.: Transfer to the port, to board a motorized boat to the Uros´ Floating Islands
- Guided visit to the Uros Islands
- Departure towards Amantaní Island
- 12:00 noon: Arrival on Amantaní Island and accommodation at the Community Inn House
- Typical lunch
- Guided visit of the island’s tourist attractions
- Welcome dinner.
DAY 02 Amantaní Island / Puno
- Free morning, to share experiences and knowledge of the community’s customs and go on walks
- Typical lunch
- 1:30 p.m.: Return to Puno
- 4:30 p.m.: Arrival in Puno and transfer to your hotel
- Dinner on your own account.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Transfers airport / hotel / airport
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Transportation on a motorized boat
- 01 night’s accommodation in Amantaní
- 02 lunches, 01 dinner and 01 breakfast
- Entrance fees to places to be visited
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit.
Does Not Include:
- 19% VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD$ 06.05, to board national flights and USD$ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food, extras, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights because of flight cancellations or that of other services, due to causes beyond the company’s control.
What recommended that you bring:
- Comfortable backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Adequate shoes
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion
- Towel and personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.