Machu Picchu Cocalmayo by Bus (2 days / 1 night)
This is a nice alternative to visit Machu Picchu, combining bus and train, as it is accessible anytime of year and mainly, during the high season, when the tourist train services can´t face the demand, going by the new itinerary of the Cusco / Quillabamba asphalted road, passing by the Sacred Valley’s villages, the Málaga Mountain Pass (4,350 m .a.s.l.), the highest point along the way, going downhill to get to Santa Teresa and continue on a short stretch of road, to the Intiwatana train station, and from there, travel by train to Machu Picchu Pueblo, for just 10 kilometers .
But, before that, you´ll have enjoyed the delights Cocalmayo´s Thermo-medicinal Baths offer, in a true natural paradise.
DAY 01 Cusco / Santa María / Santa Teresa / Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 7:00 a.m.: Departure to the locality of Santa Teresa, along the Sacred Valley’s road, going up to the Málaga Mountain Pass ( 4,350 m .a.s.l.) and down to the subtropical jungle of the La Convención Valley , on stretches of asphalted and compacted dirt road, in good conditions
- 12:00 noon: Arrival in Santa Teresa ( 1,645 m .a.sl.)
- Recreation at Cocalmayo´s Thermo-medicinal Baths, in a natural paradise
- Lunch on your own account
- 3:30 p.m.: Transfer to the Hidroeléctric (Intiwatana) train station, at Km. 122, to board the tourism train bound to the village of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes)
- 5:30 p.m.: Arrival in Machu Picchu Pueblo and accommodation at a hotel
- Dinner on your own account and discotheque (Optional and on your own account)
- Hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo.
DAY 02 Guided Visit of the Incan City of Machu Picchu / Return to Cusco
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Tourist bus ride up to the Incan City of Machu Picchu, Wonder of the Modern World, located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineering’s high level of development.
- Bus ride down to the village of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes)
- Lunch on your own account
- 2:55 p.m.: Departure of the local train from Machu Picchu Pueblo, to Ollantaytambo
- 4:30 p.m.: Arrival in Ollantaytambo and transfer to the city of Cusco , on a tourist bus
- 6:30 p.m.: Arrival in the city of Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Bus transportation Cusco / Santa María / Santa Teresa
- Local train Hidroeléctrica / Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Local train Machu Picchu Pueblo / Ollantaytambo
- Bus transportation Ollantaytambo / Cusco
- 01 entrance ticket to Cocalmayo´s Thermal Baths
- Bus up to the Incan City and back down
- Entrance ticket and guided tour of Machu Picchu
- 01 hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 01 breakfast
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the company’s control.
- Small backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Hat or cap
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
|Hotel Category||Local Train||Expedition|
(Tarriff valid only for Peruvians, with DNI)