Machu Picchu Adventure (04 Days / 03 Nights)
This is another way to get to Machu Picchu, in a combination of adventure, ecotourism and culture, on the new Cusco / Quillabamba asphalted road, linking with the villages of Santa María, and especially, that of Santa Teresa which converted itself in another access way to Machu Picchu, for its proximity and because it offers adventure tourism alternatives, such as canopy, cyclotourism and rafting. The tour is a mixture of emotions, as we will go by bus up to the Málaga Mountain Pass ( 4,350 m .a.s.l.), to ride down on mountain bikes, on the road to the subtropical jungle and end the trip, hiking to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes).
DAY 01 Bus Cusco / Málaga Mountain Pass / Cycling to Santa María / Bus to Santa Teresa
- 7:30 a.m.: Departure from your hotel, on a tourist transportation bound to Km. 150, on the Cusco / Quillabamba road, passing by the Málaga Mountain Pass ( 4,350 m .a.s.l.) which is the starting point of our tour on mountain bikes
- 11:30 a.m.: Beginning of the downhill ride, on mountain bikes, through the Andes, to the subtropical valley of La Convención , on an asphalted and compacted dirt road, in good conditions
- Countryside lunch in the area
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Wamanmarka
- 4:30 p.m.: Arrival in Santa María ( 1,575 m .a.s.l.), to leave the bikes and board the bus that will transfer us to the village of Santa Teresa
- 6:00 p.m.: Arrival in Santa Teresa ( 1,645 m .a.s.l.) and accommodation at a hostel
- Dinner on your own account.
- Hotel night, in Santa Teresa.
DAY 02 Hike Santa Teresa / Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
- Breakfast at your hostel
- 8:00 a.m.: Beginning of the hike to the village of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes), on hanging bridges, oroyas and surrounded by abundant nature
- Lunch in the Intiwatana (Hidroeléctrica) area, at Km. 122 of the railway
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Site of Intiwatana
- Continuation of the hike, along the railway tracks, parallel to the Vilcanota River
- 2:00 p.m.: Arrival in the village of Machu Picchu and accommodation at a hotel
- Recreation at the Thermal Baths of Aguas Calientes
- Dinner on your own account
- Discotheque (Optional and on your own account)
- Hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo.
DAY 03 Guided Visit of the Incan City of Machu Picchu / Return to Cusco
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Tourist bus ride up to the Incan City of Machu Picchu, Wonder of the Modern World, located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineering’s high level of development.
- Ride down to Aguas Calientes, on a tourist bus
- Lunch on your own account
- 2:55 p.m.: Departure of the local train from Machu Picchu Pueblo, to Ollantaytambo
- 4:30 p.m.: Arrival in Ollantaytambo and transfer to the city of Cusco, on a tourist bus
- 6:30 p.m.: Arrival in the city of Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
DAY 04 Departure transfer
- Breakfast and transfer to the airport or bus station.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Transportation Cusco / Málaga Mountain Pass / Santa María / Santa Teresa
- Mountain bikes and accessories (Helmets and gloves)
- Specialized guide in mountain biking
- Hike Santa Teresa / Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Bus up and back down, in Machu Picchu
- Guided visit of Machu Picchu and entrance fee
- Local train Machu Picchu Pueblo / Ollantaytambo
- Transportation Ollantaytambo or Piscacucho / Cusco
- 01 entrance ticket to the Thermal Baths of Aguas Calientes
- 01 night accommodation in Santa Teresa
- 01 hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 01 hotel night in Cusco
- 03 lunches and 03 breakfasts
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit and emergency ropes.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the company’s control.
- Comfortable backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Adequate shoes
- Waterproof jacket for the rain
- Swimming suit and towel
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
|Hotel Category||Local Train||Expedition|
(Tarriff valid only for Peruvians, with DNI)