On the coast, the climate is mild, humid and desert-like, with scarce rainfalls, which generates aridity, except during the years in which the “El Niño” phenomenon intervenes. In the inter-Andean sectors, the climate is mild and dry, at altitudes between 2,000 and 3,000 m.a.s.l., and at a higher altitude, the climate changes, temperatures are ever lower and there is greater draught.
- City of Chiclayo: 29 m.a.s.l.
- Minimum: 4 m.a.s.l. (Pimentel)
- Maximum: 3,078 m.a.s.l. (Incahuasi).
- To the North: The Region of Piura
- To the East: The Region of Cajamarca
- To the South: The Region of La Libertad
- To the West: The Pacific Ocean.
Chiclayo is the capital city of the Region of Lambayeque, and it is known as “The City of Friendship”. It is one of the most important cities in the North of Peru, with a population of over 800,000 inhabitants.
Access Ways and Distances
- Regular flights from Lima to the city of Chiclayo (About 1 hour)
- Flights from the city of Chiclayo to Piura (About ½ an hour).
- Lima / Chiclayo: 770 km.
- Chiclayo / Trujillo: 209 km.
- Chiclayo / Piura: 211 km.
- Chiclayo / Cajamarca: 258 km.
- Chiclayo / Tumbes: 489 km.