Lake Valencia (02 Days / 01 Night )
It belongs to the District of Las Piedras and is located 60 km . from the city of Puerto Maldonado , close to the Bolivian border, at about four hours on a fast boat, navigating on the Madre de Dios River . It is next to Tambopata’s Reserved Zone, and part of the Reserve’s Tampon Zone.
It is the area’s largest lake; a place of exuberant and beautiful landscapes, as well as of abundant wealth in flora and fauna, such as turtles (Charapas and motelos), lizards, paiches; the largest fish in the Amazon, which can reach 3 meters in length and other varieties of fish, like the el dorado bass and the doncella, among others.
One can also observe a great variety of birds, such as the mountain turkey, fishing eagles, herons, vultures, flocks of macaws, etc. In the surroundings, there are lots of wild fauna, like on Monkeys´ Island, for example.
This short but very dynamic program gives you the opportunity to cohabitate with nature, observing the macaw lick, visiting Monkeys´ Island, go on daytime and night strolls around the lake, as well as hikes on trails, in the jungle.
DAY 01 Puerto Maldonado / Lake Valencia
- 9:00 a.m.: We’ll board our river boat to navigate downstream, on the Madre de Dios River , to Lake Valencia
- Hike on a 3 km . long trail, observing the exuberant flora and fauna
- 12:00 noon: Arrival and accommodation at the refuge lodge, on the lake’s shore
- Rowboat ride on Tambopata’s largest lake which offers lots of flora and a rich fauna, with giant otters, turtles, lizards, paiches, other species of fish and birds
- Observation of Monkeys´ Island and Birds´ Island
- Return to the lodge for dinner
- After dinner, return to the lake, for a night rowboat ride, in search of large caimans of over 5 meters in length.
DAY 02 Macaws´ Collpa / Puerto Maldonado
- 5:00 a.m.: Transfer to the Macaws´ Collpa (Lick)
- From an adequate place, we’ll observe a wonderful spectacle of macaws, parrots, toucans and other birds, eating off the clay walls. At night, that same lick (Collpa) is visited by mammals, such as monkeys, water hogs (Capybaras), peccarys and tapirs
- Return to the lodge for breakfast
- Hike along jungle trails, observing the diversity of birds, monkeys, and if we are lucky, we’ll be able to sight peccarys, tapirs and other mammals
- Return to the lodge for lunch
- Hike to the Madre de Dios
- Navigation back to the city of Puerto Maldonado
- 5:00 p.m.: Arrival in Puerto Maldonado and transfer to your hotel.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Bilingual specialized guide
- Motorized river boat, catamaran and canoe, according to the tours
- All excursions
- Lodge accommodation
- Full meals during the tour
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, with antidotes.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- Non-programmed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Entrance fee to the reserve (USD $ 20.00)
What recommended that you bring:
- Small backpack
- Adequate clothes for hot weather
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Hat or cap
- Flashlight, binoculars, batteries and flashlight bulbs
- Camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
- Vaccination against Yellow Fever. It is mandatory to get vaccinated and to carry the vaccination certificate.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $