Lake Sandoval / Canopy (Full Day)
Lake Sandoval is situated on the right bank of the Madre de Dios River , 10 km . from Puerto Maldonado or a 25 minute boat ride, on the Madre de Dios River , and a one hour walk from the river’s edge.
It is the ideal place for the habitat of a varied fauna, such as caimans, black lizards, turtles, giant otters and a great variety of fish. Among the birds, we’ll have a chance to observe wild ducks, wild hens (Shansho), toucans, macaws, small parrots, herons, the kingfisher, monkeys and many other species.
The hike will take us amidst the Amazonian Forest, contemplating varieties of orchids, small banana trees, ungurahuis, mahogany, giant palm trees, etc. Around the lake, there are large marshlands (Aguijales), in which grows the aguaje (Endemic native tree), along with other local trees.
It also is a propitious place for the giant otters and macaws´ nests. This program allows you to enjoy one of the reserve’s most beautiful lakes.
DAY 01 Puerto Maldonado / Lake Sandoval / Puerto Maldonado
- 8:00 a.m.: Transfer to the port, on the Madre de Dios River and navigation on a motorized river boat bound to Lake Sandoval
- Landing on the indicated beach and 3 km . hike through the Amazonian Forest, observing orchids, giant palm trees, other varieties of trees, insects, etc.
- Rowboat ride on Lake Sandoval which is the habitat of a diversified fauna, such as caimans, lizards, turtles, giant otters, varieties of fish, birds, macaws, monkeys, etc.
- Visit of Nature’s Interpretation Center
- Canopy adventure, walks on camouflaged aerial hanging bridges, over the jungle
- Short hike and return transfer on a river boat, to the city of Puerto Maldonado
- 5:00 p.m.: Arrival in Puerto Maldonado.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- All transfers
- Bilingual specialized guide
- Motorized river boat and canoe, according to the tours
- Entrance fees to the places to be visited
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, with antidotes.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- Non-programmed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Entrance fee to canopy, on your own account.
What recommended that you bring:
- Small backpack
- Wear light clothes for hot weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water, and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Hat, cap
- Camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $