Lagos Collpas – Licks (05 Days / 04 Nights)
The Bahuaja Sonene National Park is a bio-diversified place which shelters 450 bird species, 28 of amphibians and 74 of mammals, a huge diversity of insects, butterflies, dragon flies and tree ants. It possesses a rich and abundant flora, with aguaje trees, the “tornillo” cedar, giant chestnut and mahogany trees, some of which are endangered species.
The Tambopata Candamo National Reserve is composed of different adequate ecosystems for flora and fauna eco-conservation, as in the case of the sachavaca (Tapir), the jaguar, caimans, lizards, fish, turtles, giant otters, water hogs (Capybaras), huanganas, giant armadillos, monkeys, macaws, parrots, anacondas, snakes, batrachians, insects and many other species that maintain nature’s balance.
This tour has the Collpa Chuncho as its main attraction, combined with walks along trails and beaches, campsite, as well as with night walks and hikes around lakes.
DAY 01 Arrival in Puerto Maldonado / Wasai Lodge in the Reserved Zone
- Reception at the airport and transfer to the port, on the Tambopata River
- Boarding the river boat that will transport us to the lodge located in the Reserved Zone
- Lunch box during the trip
- Arrival, reception and accommodation at the Wasai Tambopata Lodge
- Afternoon to rest
- Short walk to get familiarized, along the trails nearby the lodge
- Night stroll, in search of insects and wild animals.
DAY 02 Gato River’s Collpa / Campsite at the Chuncho Collpa (Lick)
- Very early, we’ll navigate on our river boat, to the macaw lick (Collpa), on the Gato River ’s banks, where we’ll appreciate great amounts of parakeets and amazonas parrots, eating on one of the clay walls and offering a pleasant spectacle
- Hike along forest trails, with abundant flora, observing groups of monkeys, animals and insects
- Return to the lodge for breakfast
- Free morning, to participate in different adventure activities, such as canopy, kayak, tree climbing, take a delightful bath in the Gato River ’s cascades or simply fishing
- Return to the lodge for lunch
- In the afternoon, we’ll board our river boat and will move on to the Collpa Chuncho. On the way, we’ll have a chance to observe a great diversity of birds, as well as water hogs (Capybaras), turtles, caimans and lots of fauna
- Arrival at the beach, quite close to the Collpa Chuncho , where we’ll set our campsite for dinner and to spend the night
- In the dark, we’ll be able to observe families of water hogs (The world’s largest rodent), as well as the tapirs (Sachavaca), the park’s largest and shyest mammal, and if we are lucky, we’ll have a chance to sight the famous jaguar.
DAY 03 Collpa Chuncho
- 5:00 a.m.: We’ll settle in an adequate and camouflaged place, with a good visibility towards the Collpa (Lick)
- Using binoculars, we’ll have a chance to capture the best views of the lick session of macaws, parrots and parakeets of several species and colors, presenting a wonderful show
- Breakfast at the campsite
- Hike along the beach and jungle trails, observing birds, monkeys, mammals, insects and lots of flora
- Return to the lodge for lunch
- Free afternoon, to rest, fish, swim, walk around in the jungle, in the lodge’s vicinity or visit the local native community
- Night walk in search of caimans
DAY 04 Lake Three Chimbadas
- Boarding the river boat that will take us downstream, to the landing beach, nearby Lake Three Chimbadas
- Thirty minute walk, on a jungle trail, observing flora and fauna
- Arrival at Lake Three Chimbadas which is located near the native community of Infierno
- Tour on a rowboat, on the small lake, rich in flora and bird species, giant otters, piranhas and other animal species
- 2:00 p.m.: Short hike to the Tambopata River , to board the river boat to the Esseejas
- Transfer on a tourist transportation, to the city of Puerto Maldonado
- 6:00 p.m.: Arrival in Puerto Maldonado and transfer to your hotel.
DAY 05 Departure transfer
- Breakfast at your hotel and transfer to the airport.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- All transfers (Airport / hotel / airport)
- Bilingual specialized guide
- Motorized river boat, catamaran and canoe, according to the tours
- All excursions
- Hotel and lodge accommodation, and camping
- Full meals during the tour
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, with antidotes.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Entrance fee to the reserve (USD $ 20.00)
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights for flight cancellation or that of any other services, due to causes beyond the company’s control.
- Standard backpack
- Adequate clothes for hot weather
- Light boots, sneakers and sandals
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Pants and long sleeves shirts
- Hat, cap and sunglasses
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Insect repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Flashlight, binoculars, batteries and flashlight bulbs
- Basic medicines
- Camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
Vaccination against Yellow Fever: It is mandatory to get vaccinated and to carry the vaccination certificate along.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $