Fortress of Kuelap – Complex of Macro (Full Day)
We will start the visit with the Archaeological Complex of Macro, a pre-Incan set of living quarters, dating back between 1100 and 1300 a .D., located on the South-west slope of an abrupt peak.
There are five platforms that support huts and towers built with stones and mud based cement, covering a surface of three hectares.
Then, we will go to the Fortress of Kuélap; a majestic architectural work erected by the Chachapoyas, on top of a high mountain. It is the mountainous jungle’s most imposing monumental complex, and is surrounded by cliffs and precipices on three of its four sides. Inside its fortified walls rising more than 20 meters high, it shelters 505 living quarters, the majority of which have a circular layout.
PROGRAM: Fortress of Kuelap – Macro
- 8:30 A.M.: Departure from the hotel, on a tourist transportation
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Macro
- Short visit to the picturesque villages of Nuevo Tingo, Choctamal, Longuita and María
- Guided visit of the Fortress of Kuélap
- Visit of María’s Handicraft Textile Workshop
- 5:30 p.m.: Return to the hotel.
- Tourist transportation
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Guided tour of the Archaeological Complex of Macro and Fortress of Kuélap
- Entrance tickets to the attractions to visit
- Maps, brochures and souvenir.
Does Not Include:
- 19% VAT (For Peruvians only)
- Non-programmed food or extras, drinks, snack, tips, etc.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $