Canopy – Escalade – River Rafting – Machu Picchu (3 Days / 2 Nights)
The village of Santa Teresa, located on the jungle’s edge, 4 hours from the city of Cusco, gives you several alternatives of adventure tourism and recreation, in a subtropical climate and an exuberant nature, as well as the option to easily get to Machu Picchu Pueblo, on a 30 minute stretch of road by bus and 10 kilometers by train.
Furthermore, Santa Teresa offers you a more exciting way of combining your trip to Machu Picchu, with adventure, doing canopy, rock climbing, rafting or relaxing in Cocalmayo´s Thermo-medicinal Baths.
Canopy Escalade River Rafting Machu Picchu PROGRAM
DAY 01 Cusco / Santa María / Santa Teresa / Cocalmayo, with Overnight stay
- 1:00 p.m.: Departure from your hotel, on a tourist transportation, to the locality of Santa Teresa, on the Sacred Valley’s road, all the way up to the Málaga Mountain Pass ( 4,350 m .a.s.l.) and down to the subtropical jungle of the La Convención Valley , on stretches of asphalted and compacted dirt road, in good conditions
- 6:30 p.m.: Arrival in Santa Teresa ( 1,650 m .a.s.l.) and accommodation at a hotel
- Dinner on your own account
- Night recreation at Cocalmayo´s Thermo-medicinal Baths, in a natural paradise
- Hotel night in Santa Teresa.
DAY 02 Canopy / Rafting / Machupicchu
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Adventure tour in “monkey tail” canopy, with extreme adrenaline, gliding through the air, between the mountains and above valleys and rivers
- Vertical rock climbing
- Rafting on the stretch to Santa María, with class II, III and IV rapids
- Lunch in Santa María
- Return to Santa Teresa, on a tourist bus and transfer to the Hidroeléctrica (Intiwatana) train station, at KM. 122, to board the tourist train bound to the village of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes)
- 4:30 p.m.: Departure of the tourist train to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
- 5:30 p.m.: Arrival in Machu Picchu Pueblo and accommodation at a hotel
- Dinner on your own account
- Discotheque (Optional and on your own account)
- Hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo.
DAY 03 Excursion to the Incan City of Machu Picchu / Return to Cusco by train
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Ride up on a tourist bus, to the Incan City of Machu Picchu, Wonder of the Modern World, located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineering’s high level of development.
- Bus ride down to the village of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes)
- Buffet lunch (Optionally, you could have lunch at the Sanctuary Lodge, near the Incan City’s entrance. In this case, we would change the return bus schedule)
- 4:43 p.m.: Departure of the tourist train from Machu Picchu, to Cusco
- 8:13 p.m.: Arrival at Poroy’s train station and transfer to your hotel.
- Tourist transportation Cusco / Santa Teresa / Santa María / Hidroeléctrica
- 01 entrance to Cocalmayo´s Thermal Baths
- 01 entrance to the Monkey’s tail canopy
- Entrance ticket to the vertical rock climbing activity
- Rafting to Santa María, with equipments and accessories
- Rafting captain
- Safety kayak and / or cataraft, with expert river guides
- Tourist train ticket Hidroeléctrica / Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Tourist train ticket Machu Picchu Pueblo / Cusco
- Transfer train station / hotel
- Bus up and back down, in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Guided excursion to Machu Picchu and entrance ticket
- 01 hotel night in Santa Teresa
- 01 hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 01 lunch, 01 buffet lunch and 02 breakfasts
- First aid kit
- Support with communication logistics.
Does not included:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, snacks, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the company’s control.
What recommended that you bring:
- Small backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Adequate shoes
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Bathing suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Hat or cap
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.