Arequipa Colca Canyon
The Region of Arequipa is located in the South-west of Peru, with a surface of 63,345.39 km², which represents 4.9% of the Peruvian territory. Its extremities lie between the following geographical coordinates: 14°36´06” and 17°16’54” latitude South, and between 70°50’24” and 75°05’52” longitude West. It is composed of two natural regions; coast and mountains, presenting varied physical aspects, given its irregular topography determined by the Occidental Cordillera.
- To the East, with the departments of Puno and Moquegua
- To the North, with the departments of Ica, Ayacucho, Apurimac and Cusco
- To the South and West, with the Pacific Ocean.
Capital city The city of Arequipa, also known as The White City, was declared Humanity’s Cultural Patrimony, by the UNESCO, in 2000. Location The city of Arequipa is located in the South of Peru, at 71º 32’ longitude West and 16º 26’ latitude South, at an altitude of 2,345 m. above sea level.
More About Arequipa:
- Useful Information
- Principal touris Atractions
- Tourist Packages
- Tourist Guide Version PDF
- Map of the city