Uros (Half Day)
The Floating Islands of the Uros are located on Lake Titicaca, the world’s highest navigable lake (3,827 m.a.s.l.), 14 kilometers from the port of the city of Puno and the trip on a motorized boat takes between 20 and 30 minutes.
These islands are inhabited by one of Amercia’s most ancient peoples dedicated to handicraft production, hunting, fishing and taxidermy.
There are 60 floating islands built with the abundant totora (Aquatic plant) present in the lake.
These Aymara and Quechua people are very welcoming and their handicraft, especially their carpets, wool items and stuffed animals, is much appreciated and can be purchased at moderate prices.
- 9:00 a.m.: Transfer to the port, to board a motorized boat to the Uros´ Floating Islands
- Guided visit of some of the floating islands of the Uros
- 12:00 noon: Return to Puno and transfer to your hotel.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Transportation on a motorized boat
- Guided visit to the Uros
- Entrance fees to places to be visited.
Does Not Include:
- 19% of VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- Non-programmed food, extras, drinks, snacks, tips, etc.
NOTE: The tour to the Uros can also be organized in the afternoon.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $