South Valley (Half Day)
The South Valley is located just a few kilometers to the South of the city of Cusco.
In this valley, there are important pre-Incan archaeological complexes, such as Piquillaqta and Raqchi, Incan complexes like Tipón, colonial monuments like the Mansion of the Marquis de Valleumbroso, the Church of Andahuaylillas, known as America ’s Sistine Chapel; the Villa Rica de Oropesa, Regional Capital of Bread, and Wassao, the Land of Wizzards and Healers.
The South Valley is a broad countryside area, with forests, agricultural land and picturesque villages which have maintained a long gastronomical tradition of Cusco ’s emblematic dishes, such as the Pork Crackling (Chicharrón), in Saylla, and the Oven-baked Guinea Pig (Cuy), in Tipón.
- 8:30 a.m.: Departure from your hotel, on a tourist transportation
- Guided visit of the village of Wassao ( Land of Wizzards and Healers)
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Tipón (Adoratory and Hydraulic Experimentation Center )
- Guided visit of the Church of Andahuaylillas ( America ’s Sistine Chapel)
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Piquillaqta (Pre-Incan city)
- 12:00 noon: Return to Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Transfers on a tourist transportation
- Bilingual official tour guide.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- Tourist Pass and entrance fees
- Non-programed food, extras, drinks, snacks, tips, etc.
- Small backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water and snack
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Hat or cap
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.