Sarcophaguses of Karajia - Mausolea of Chipuric (Full day)
This program takes us to observe the remarkable Mausolea of Chipuric, which are funerary statues located on high and hardly accessible cliffs. Then, we´ll get to see the Sacophaguses of Karajia, which date back between 1100 and 1300 a .D.
They belong to the Chachapoya culture and are included in the Archaeological Complex of Chipuric. They are 2 meter high pre-Incan tombs set on top of a precipice, and are molded in clay and decorated with geometrical designs.
- 8:00 a.m.: Departure from the hotel, on a tourist transportation
- Observation of the Mausolea of Chipuric
- Visit to the picturesque villages of Cohechan and Cruzpata
- Guided visit to the Sarcophagusses of Karajia
- 4:30 p.m.: Return to Chachapoyas and transfer to the hotel.
- Tourist transportation
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Tour to the Mausolea of Chipuric and Sarcophaguses of Karajia
- Entrance tickets to the attractions to visit
- Maps, brochures and souvenir.
Does Not Include:
- 19% VAT (For Peruvians only)
- Non-programmed food or extras, drinks, snack, tips, etc.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
Sarcophaguses of Karajia