Traditional Salkantay Trail to Machu Picchu (05 days / 04 nights)
This is a traditional and alternative trail to go to Machu Picchu, which combines several altitudinal levels, with uphill hikes up to 4,600 m .a.s.l., and impressive views of the snow-capped Mount Salkantay ( 6,271 meters of altitude).
The tough, but also beautiful landscape takes us to places among snow-covered mountains and high Andean areas, to descend to inter-Andean and subtropical valleys, visiting surroundings, beaches, rivers, microclimates, typical villages, thermal baths and archaeological sites.
In addition, the Andean and tropical fauna and flora turn this hike into an unforgettable experience which ends with the visit of Machu Picchu.
PROGRAM OF TRADITIONAL SALKANTAY TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU:DAY 01 - Salkantay: Cusco / Mollepata / Soraypampa
- 6:00 a.m.: Departure on a tourist transportation, from your hotel, in the city of Cusco , to the locality of Mollepata
- Contact with the horsemen, equipment logistics, camping accessories and horses
- Hike around mountainous places, going by the villages of Cruzpata and Challacancha
- Lunch (Picnic)
- Arrival in Soraypampa ( 3,850 m .a.s.l.) and installation of the campsite
- Dinner and overnight stay.
- Tough and at the same time, fascinating hike, passing by the highest point of the route; the Salkantay Mountain Pass ( 4,600 m .a.s.l.), with impressive views of the snow-capped Mounts Salkantay ( 6,271 meters of altitude), Humantay and Huayanay
- Lunch in the area of Huaracmachay
- Downhill hike to the area of Chaullay ( 2,950 m .a.s.l.)
- Setting up the campsite and dinner.
- Hike by the Collpapampa Thermal Baths, Arrayanniyoc, tropical forests, with abundant flora and fauna, observation of beautiful species of orchids, in an interesting ecosystem
- Arrival in Sahuayaco (Playa)
- Transfer on a minibus, to the village of SantaTeresa ( 1,645 m .a.s.l.)
- Setting up the campsite and dinner
- Recreation and relax at Cocalmayo´s Thermo-medicinal Baths, in a natural paradise.
- 7:00 a.m.: Start of the hike to the village of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes), on hanging bridges and oroyas, surrounded by abundant nature
- Lunch in the area of Intiwatana (Hidroeléctrica), at Km. 122 of the railway
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Compound of Intiwatana
- Hike along the railway tracks, parallel to the Vilcanota River
- 3:00 p.m.: Arrival at the village of Machu Picchu and accommodation at a hotel
- Recreation at Aguas Calientes´ Thermal Baths (Optional and on your own account)
- Dinner on your own account
- Discotheque (Optional and on your own account).
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Tourist bus ride up to the Incan City of Machu Picchu, Wonder of the Modern World, located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineerings high level of development.
- Tourist bus ride down to Aguas Calientes
- Buffet lunch (Optionally, you can have lunch at the Sanctuary Lodge, near the entrance of the Incan City . In this case, well change the return bus schedule)
- 4:43 p.m.: Departure of the tourist train from Machu Picchu to Cusco
- 8:13 p.m.: Arrival at Poroys train station and transfer to your hotel.
TRADITIONAL SALKANTAY TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU INCLUDES:
- Bus transportation to Mollepata
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Cook and horsemen
- Horses (For the gear only)
- Tents, dining and kitchen tents (Matresses)
- Transportation Sahuayaco (Playa) / Santa Teresa
- Entrance fee Cocalmayo´s Thermal Baths
- Up and down bus ticket in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Guided excursion to Machu Picchu and entrance fee
- Tourist train ticket Machu Picchu Pueblo / Cusco
- Transfer train station / hotel
- Full meals during the hike (Vegetarian option)
- 01 hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 01 buffet lunch and 01 breakfast
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, oxygen tank and emergency ropes.
TRADITIONAL SALKANTAY TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, snacks, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Horses (On rent for personal equipment)
- Sleeping bag (On rent)
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the companys control.
- Standard backpack
- Sleeping bag
- Adequate clothes for cold and heat
- Hiking shoes
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Bathing suit and towel
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
PRICES PER PERSON IN DOLLARS:
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: email@example.com Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.