It is desert-like and semi-dry on the coast and the Occidental Andean slopes, with rare rainfalls, except when the El Niño phenomenon comes along, during which there are abundant rains which activate dry gorges, producing floods and very radical changes in the landscape. The average annual temperature is of 34.2? C, with a maximum temperature of 38? C and minimum of 15? C (February and June).
- 29 m.a.s.l. (Piura)
- Minimum: 3 m.a.s.l. (Paita and Los Órganos)
- Maximum: 2,709 m.a.s.l. (Ayabaca).
- To the North, with the Region of Tumbes and the Republic of Ecuador
- To the East, with the Region of Cajamarca and the Republic of Ecuador
- To the South, with the Region of Lambayeque and the Pacific Ocean
- To the West, with the Pacific Ocean.
Piura is the region’s capital city, and is located 973 km. from the city of Lima. It has a tropical and dry climate, with an average annual temperature of 24? C, reaching up to 40? C, in the summer. Piura’s Main Square (Plaza de Armas) is located at about 4? 4´ 50´´ under the Equatorial Line, between 80? 29´ 30´´ and 81? 19´ 36´´ West longitudes. Piura is Peru’s fifth most populated city, with more than 550,000 inhabitants.
- Regular daily service Lima / Piura
- Connection Chiclayo / Piura
- Connection Piura Talara
- Connection Piura / Tumbes.
The City of Piura is interconnected with the city of Lima and Northern Peru’s main cities, by means of the North Panamerican Road.
- Lima / Piura: 981 km.
- Piura / Chiclayo: 213 km.
- Piura / Trujillo: 426 km.
Distances from Piura
- Ayabaca: 229 km. / 6 hours
- Huancabamba: 214 km. / 7 hours
- Chulucanas: 60 km. / 45 minutes
- Paita: 60 km. / 45 minutes
- Sechura: 50 km. / 55 minutes
- Sullana: 39 km. / 35 minutes
- Talara: 118 km. / 1 hour y 30 minutes.