Petroglyphs of La Pitaya – Cataract of Gocta (Full day)
La Pitaya ’s Petroglyphs are a set of graphic representations of flora, fauna and hunting scenes that are more than 3,000 years old and a total of 30 zoomorphic and phytomorphic figures carved in rocks, in high-relief, with the use of the scraping technique, can be observed.
The Cataract of Gocta is located nearby the Peruvian hamlets of Cocachimba and San Pablo, around which one can appreciate a total of 22 waterfalls, some of which of impressive beauty, especially during the rain season.
The Cataract of Gocta, locally known as “La Chorrera” (The Spout), is a 771 meter high free water drop and it is considered as the fourth highest in the world.
- 8:30 a.m.: Departure from the hotel, on a tourist transportation
- Guided visit of La Pitaya ’s Petroglyphs
- Arrival at the village of Cocachimba
- Visit to the Cataract of Gocta
- 4:30 p.m.: Return to Chachapoyas and transfer to the hotel.
- Tourist transportation
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Tour to the Petroglyphs of La Pitaya and Cataract of Gocta
- Entrance tickets to the attractions to visit
- Maps, brochures and souvenir.
Does Not Include:
- 19% VAT (For Peruvians only)
- Non-programmed food or extras, drinks, snack, tips, etc.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
Petroglyphs of La Pitaya