Peru offers excellent destinations to found a Living Culture Welcome to Peru!
Prepare to surrender to its magic. The celebration of almost 3,000 popular feasts per year is but one small hint of the vast treasure trove of multicultural traditions you will find here.
From the coast to the jungle and through the highlands, Peruvian people live the same way as their ancestors did a thousand years ago; maintaining their dances, handcrafts, textiles, customs and keeping their spirit alive.At Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world, a whole village floats on the water. Hundreds of the years ago the Uros people created these floating islands - made of Totora reed - by stacking one reed on top of another until a stable platform was built. They lived on these islands as they sailed around the lake to fish or hunt for their food. You can still see the Uros today, living as if they had floated through time.
Conscious of the value that living cultures mean to travelers from every corner of the world, a number of communities in Puno have opened to rural and experienced based tourism, both in the island and on land. It is there were the ventures of Taquile, Amantani, Uros and Llachon can be found. The visitor to Amantani or Taquile islands will visit Uros island on the route.
"Qoyllur Rit'i "- the feast of the Shining Snow - is one of Peru's most incredible expressions of faith and tradition. Starting on Trinity Sunday, more than 70,000 people come together at the Sinakara Valley in the province of Quispicanchis, Cuzco, to embark on a pilgrimage of hope to the top of a snow covered mountain, 15,090 feet above sea level. After a 5 mile walk, thousands of dancers, hundreds of bands and countless believers finish their journey toward the "Apus" -the mountain gods- asking for money, love, luck, or whatever else they feel they are lacking.
Most of these people will speak Quechua -the mother-tongue of more than 3 million Peruvians- or any of the 91 other indigenous languages that are still in use. Aguaruna, Machiguenga and Huitoto are just some of the native tongues that survive in the jungle, keeping the voices of our forefathers intact, along with their customs.
Almost all of the native handcrafts you'll see are made of natural elements like bones, feathers and seeds that are collected to create beautiful pieces of art.
Medicine here is based on the use of plants and herbs that have been used for hundreds of years. This practice is so widespread, Peru's Ministry of Health has an office dedicated to it.
Venture up into the highland and through the Andes, and you will find that the remains of the Incas are all around. Whether you're walking through the stone roads of the Inca Trail - built 500 years ago but still in use today- or viewing the innovative "andenes" -terrace farming- you'll witness how the present meets the past.
Discover it all for yourself.
Come to Peru!
Where you'll experience all these archaeological monuments, along with the remains of an ancient culture that's still very much alive.
Read more »
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: email@example.com Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.