Peru, officially the Republic of Peru is a country in western South America.
Peruvian territory was home to ancient cultures spanning from the Norte Chico civilization in Caral, one of the oldest in the world, to the Inca Empire, the largest state in Pre-Columbian America.
The Spanish Empire conquered the region in the 16th century and established a Viceroyalty with its capital in Lima, which included most of its South American colonies. Ideas of political autonomy later spread throughout Spanish America and Peru gained its independence, which was formally proclaimed in 1821. After the battle of Ayacucho, three years after proclamation, Peru ensured its independence.
Peru Geographical situation
Peru is situated towards the center of the Pacific Coast, in South America, with the following geographical coordinates:
- 0? 01´48´´ North, bordering with Colombia and the Department of Loreto, located in the upper part of the first stretch of the Putumayo River, North-east of Gueppi
- 18? 20´ 50.8´´ South, bordering with Chile and the Department of Tacna, located at the Punto de Pascana del Hueso, on the Pacific Coast.
- 68? 39´ 27´´ East, bordering with Bolivia and the Department of Madre de Dios, located at the confluence of the Madre de Dios and Heath rivers.
- 81? 19´ 34.50´´ West, bordering with the Pacific Ocean and Piura, at the Punta de Balcones, South of the Port of Talara (R.C.S.).
Time: Peruvian time is located 5 hours after GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) and is similar to the EST (Eastern Standard Time), on the East Coast of the United States.
Referential times: When in Peru it is 12:00 noon, in Santiago (Chile) and Caracas (Venezuela), it is 1:00 p.m., in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and Buenos Aires (Argentina), it is 2:00 p.m., in New York (U.S.), 12:00 noon and in Tokyo (Japan), 2:00 a.m. on the following day.
With 1,285,216 km², it is South Américas third largest country, after Brazil and Argentina, and is located among the planets 20 largest countries. In addition, it possesses 200 nautical miles of ocean and territorial rights over 60 million hectares in the Antarctic.
Due respect to its geography, Peru is divided in three natural regions: The coast, Mountains and Jungle; each one of which, with its own ecosystems.
- To the North, with Ecuador
- To the South, with Chile and Bolivia
- To the East, with Colombia and Brazil
- To the West, with the Pacific Ocean.
General Population : 27´412,157 (2007 INEI Population and Residence Census)
Urban Population : 20´810,288 75.92 %
Rural Population : 6´601,869 24.08 %
In Peru, the official languages are Spanish, Quechua and Aymara. However, other dialects are spoken as well, which are circumscribed to native territories, and are generally spoken by the Peruvian Amazons ethnic groups.
Therefore, Peru is a multicultural, multi-ethnic and multi-lingual country.
Lima is Perus capital city. It is occupying the central area of the coast, facing the Pacific Ocean, as well as of the mountains, towards the East.
The city is situated at an average altitude of 133 m.a.s.l., with a population of 8,275,823 inhabitants and it is one of South Américas largest and most populated cities.
Read more »
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: email@example.com Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.