Mountain Biking to Machu Picchu (03 Days / 02 Nights)
Get to Machu Picchu, in a combination of adventure, ecotourism and culture, with the new Cusco / Quillabamba asphalted road itinerary, linking with the villages of Santa María and mainly, Santa Teresa which has converted itself into the other access way to Machu Picchu, due to its proximity and because it offers you, in addition, alternatives of adventure tourism, such as canopy, cyclotourism, rafting and Cocalmayo´s Thermo-medicinal Baths, in a natural paradise.
This tour is a mix of emotions, travelling by bus to the Málaga Mountain Pass (4,350 m .a.s.l.), well go on mountain biking on the downhill stretch to the subtropical jungle, to finally travel a short stretch by train, to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes).
PROGRAM OF MOUNTAIN BIKING TO MACHU PICCHU :
DAY 01 Cusco / Málaga Mountain Pass / Santa María / Santa Teresa
- 7:30 a.m.: Departure from your hotel, on a tourist transportation, to the Málaga Mountain Pass ( 4,350 m .a.s.l.). A few kilometers further along (Km. 150), on the Cusco / Quillabamba road, is the departure point of our mountain biking tour
- 11:30 a.m.: Well cycle downhill on our mountain bikes, towards the subtropical valley of La Convención, on an asphalted and compacted dirt road, in good conditions
- Countryside lunch, in the area
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Wamanmarka
- 4:30 a.m.: Arrival in Santa María ( 1,575 m .a.s.l.), leaving our bikes there, to board the bus that will transfer us to the village of Santa Teresa
- 6:00 p.m.: Arrival in Santa Teresa ( 1,645 m .a.s.l.) and accommodation at a hostel
- Dinner on your own account
- Night recreation at Cocalmayo´s Thermal Baths; an extraordinary place to relax and enjoy nature. (Optional and on your own account)
- Hotel night in Santa Teresa.
DAY 02 Santa Teresa / Machu Picchu / Canopy (Optional) / Thermal Baths of Cocalmayo
- Breakfast at your hostel
- Adventure in monkey tail canopy, with full adrenaline, gliding between the mountains, above valleys and rivers (Optional and on your own account)
- Recreation at Cocalmayo´s Thermo-medicinal Baths, in a natural paradise
- Lunch on your own account
- 3:30 p.m.: Transfer to the Hidroeléctrica (Intiwatana) train station, on Km. 122 of the railway, to take the train to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
- 5:30 p.m.: Arrival in the village of Machu Picchu and accommodation at a hotel
- Dinner on your own account
- Discotheque (Optional and on your own account)
- Hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo.
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Tourist bus ride up to the Incan City of Machu Picchu, Wonder of the Modern World, located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineerings high level of development.
- Tourist bus ride down to Aguas Calientes
- Buffet lunch (Optionally, you could have lunch at the Sanctuary Lodge, near the entrance of the Incan City. In this case, we would change the schedule of the return bus)
- 3:43 p.m.: Departure of the tourist train from Machu Picchu Pueblo to Cusco
- 8:13 p.m.: Arrival at Poroys train station and transfer to your hotel.
MOUNTAIN BIKING TO MACHU PICCHU INCLUDES:
- Tourist transportation Cusco / Málaga Mountain Pass / Santa María
- Transportation Santa María / Santa Teresa / Hidroeléctrica train station
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Mountain bikes and accessories (Helmets and gloves)
- Train ticket Hidroeléctrica / Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Bus ticket in Machu Picchu Pueblo (Up and down)
- Guided excursion to Machu Picchu and entrance ticket
- Tourist train ticket Machu Picchu Pueblo / Cusco
- Transfer train station / hotel
- 01 entrance ticket to canopy
- 01 entrance ticket to Cocalmayo´s Thermal Baths
- 01 night accommodation in Santa Teresa
- 01 night at a hotel in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 02 lunches and 02 breakfasts
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, oxygen tank and emergency ropes.
MOUNTAIN BIKING TO MACHU PICCHU DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, snacks, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the companys control.
- Small backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Bathing suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Hat or cap
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
PRICES PER PERSON IN DOLLARS:
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: email@example.com Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.