Manu National Park – Reserved Zone (07 days/ 06 nights)
The Manu National Park, Humanity’s Natural Patrimony, possesses a huge ecological wealth, with over 20,000 plant species, about 1,000 bird species, 1,200 species of butterflies and 200 of mammals, among which the jaguar stands out, along with the otter, 14 species of monkeys, like the leoncito, the smallest in the world, weighing 100 gr., and the maquisapa weighing 9 kilos.
In the Manu, there is the whole variety of ecological levels found in the Amazon, due to the altitudinal variation which goes from 200 m ., to almost 4,000 m .a.s.l.
The Reserved Zone is beautiful and spectacular. So, you just have to combine transportation by land, river and air, in order to enjoy that magic place.
PROGRAM: Manu National Park – Reserved Zone
DAY 01 Cusco / Paucartambo / Cloud Forest / Lodge
- Very early, departure from your hotel, on an adequate tourist transportation bound to the cloud forest area, going by the locality of Paucartambo, Ninamarca’s pre-Incan funerary “Chullpas” and the Aqanaku Mountain Pass ( 3,850 m .a.s.l.)
- Lunch in the area
- Arrival in the cloud forest and accommodation at a lodge, in the area
- In the afternoon, guided tour, to observe the local flora and fauna, such as the cock of the rocks, the trogon, quetzals, hummingbirds and the spectacled bear, among other species.
- Dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 02 Cloud Forest / Pilcopata / Atalaya / Boca Manu
- Transfer to Atalaya’s Pier
- Departure in our motorized boat and navigation on the Alto Madre de Dios River , to Boca Manu
- Box lunch during the trip
- Arrival at Boca Manu, reception and installation at the lodge
- Dinner and night tour, in search of wild animals and the night monkey.
DAY 03 Boca Manu / Reserved Zone
- Transfer on our boat on the Manu River , passing by the Limonar checkpoint, to enter the park’s Reserved Zone
- Arrival at the Wildlife Tented Camp campsite, nearby Lake Salvador
- Reception and accommodation at the lodge
- Eco adventure in canopy, gliding through the air, over the vegetation, between altitude platforms, on top of the trees´ canopy
- Guided night tour, in search of animals, like reptiles, frogs and insects.
DAY 04 Qocha Salvador / Casa Matsiguenka
- Departure on our boat and navigation to the Qocha or Lake Salvador , where we’ll be able to observe giant otters (Pteronura brasiliensis), the black caiman (Melanosuchus Niger ), the Hoatzin bird or Shansho (Ophisthocomus hoatzin); a prehistoric bird
- Hike to the Casa Matsiguenka, installation at the lodge and lunch.
- In the afternoon, we will share the local natives´ daily lives and customs
- Short walk, in search of the spider monkey (Atheles paniscus) and other species of monkeys
- Dinner and night tour, in search of black caimans.
DAY 05 Qocha Salvador / Boca Manu Community
- Departure on our boat and navigation to the Manu Wildlife Center Lodge
- Visit to the Boca Manu Community and appreciation of the art of building canoes
- Tour on jungle trails, in search of monkeys
- Night tour to the tapirs´ Collpa (Lick) and observation of large mammals.
DAY 06 Macaws´ Collpa (Lick) / Tapirs´ Collpa
- Tour to the macaw and parrots´ Collpa (Lick), to observe a wonderful show of hundreds of birds, on the clay walls
- Tour to the Qocha Blanco (Tambo) Lake , to see giant otters, the shansho bird and other species
- Dinner and night tour, to see the tapirs´ Collpa.
DAY 07 Boca Manu / Cusco
- Farewell breakfast
- Transfer on our boat, to the Boca Manu Aerodrome and departure on a light plane bound to the city of Cusco
- Arrival in the city of Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Adequate land transportation Cusco / Atalaya
- Light plane flight ticket Boca Manu / Cusco
- River transportation (Roofed boats, with outboard motor)
- 06 nights accommodation at lodges and campsites
- Full meals (Vegetarian option)
- Specialized bilingual guide
- All programed excursions
- Procedures to get the access permit to the park
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit and antidotes.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Payment to enter the park’s Reserved Zone (S/. 150,00 per participant or about $ 50.00)
- Boca Manu Airport tax ($ 12.00 per participant)
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations or that of other services, for reasons beyond the company’s control.
- Standard backpack
- Adequate clothes for warm and cold weather
- Light boots, sneakers and sandals
- Large waterproof poncho for the rain
- Long pants
- Long sleeve shirts
- Hat, cap and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Insect repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Flashlight, binoculars, batteries and light bulbs
- Towel, swimming suit and personal hygiene kit
- Basic medicine
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination: It is mandatory to get vaccinated and carry the valid vaccination certificate along.