Machu Picchu Adventure (04 Days / 03 Nights)
This is another way to get to Machu Picchu, in a combination of adventure, ecotourism and culture, on the new Cusco / Quillabamba asphalted road, linking with the villages of Santa María, and especially, that of Santa Teresa which converted itself in another access way to Machu Picchu, for its proximity and because it offers adventure tourism alternatives, such as canopy, cyclotourism and rafting. The tour is a mixture of emotions, as we will go by bus up to the Málaga Mountain Pass ( 4,350 m .a.s.l.), to ride down on mountain bikes, on the road to the subtropical jungle and end the trip, hiking to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes).
PROGRAM OF MACHU PICCHU ADVENTURE:DAY 01 Bus Cusco / Málaga Mountain Pass / Cycling to Santa María / Bus to Santa Teresa
- 7:30 a.m.: Departure from your hotel, on a tourist transportation bound to Km. 150, on the Cusco / Quillabamba road, passing by the Málaga Mountain Pass ( 4,350 m .a.s.l.) which is the starting point of our tour on mountain bikes
- 11:30 a.m.: Beginning of the downhill ride, on mountain bikes, through the Andes, to the subtropical valley of La Convención , on an asphalted and compacted dirt road, in good conditions
- Countryside lunch in the area
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Wamanmarka
- 4:30 p.m.: Arrival in Santa María ( 1,575 m .a.s.l.), to leave the bikes and board the bus that will transfer us to the village of Santa Teresa
- 6:00 p.m.: Arrival in Santa Teresa ( 1,645 m .a.s.l.) and accommodation at a hostel
- Dinner on your own account.
- Hotel night, in Santa Teresa.
- Breakfast at your hostel
- 8:00 a.m.: Beginning of the hike to the village of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes), on hanging bridges, oroyas and surrounded by abundant nature
- Lunch in the Intiwatana (Hidroeléctrica) area, at Km. 122 of the railway
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Site of Intiwatana
- Continuation of the hike, along the railway tracks, parallel to the Vilcanota River
- 2:00 p.m.: Arrival in the village of Machu Picchu and accommodation at a hotel
- Recreation at the Thermal Baths of Aguas Calientes
- Dinner on your own account
- Discotheque (Optional and on your own account)
- Hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo.
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Tourist bus ride up to the Incan City of Machu Picchu, Wonder of the Modern World, located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineerings high level of development.
- Ride down to Aguas Calientes, on a tourist bus
- Lunch on your own account
- 2:55 p.m.: Departure of the local train from Machu Picchu Pueblo, to Ollantaytambo
- 4:30 p.m.: Arrival in Ollantaytambo and transfer to the city of Cusco, on a tourist bus
- 6:30 p.m.: Arrival in the city of Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
- Breakfast and transfer to the airport or bus station.
MACHU PICCHU ADVENTURE INCLUDES:
- Transportation Cusco / Málaga Mountain Pass / Santa María / Santa Teresa
- Mountain bikes and accessories (Helmets and gloves)
- Specialized guide in mountain biking
- Hike Santa Teresa / Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Bus up and back down, in Machu Picchu
- Guided visit of Machu Picchu and entrance fee
- Local train Machu Picchu Pueblo / Ollantaytambo
- Transportation Ollantaytambo or Piscacucho / Cusco
- 01 entrance ticket to the Thermal Baths of Aguas Calientes
- 01 night accommodation in Santa Teresa
- 01 hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 01 hotel night in Cusco
- 03 lunches and 03 breakfasts
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit and emergency ropes.
MACHU PICCHU ADVENTURE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the companys control.
- Comfortable backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Adequate shoes
- Waterproof jacket for the rain
- Swimming suit and towel
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
PRICES PER PERSON IN DOLLARS:
|Hotel Category||Local Train||Expedition|
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.