Lares Trek / Machu Picchu Hike (04 Days / 03 Nights)
This program is a nice alternative, to satisfy the hiking tour demand, due respect to the limitations in vacancies and access costs to the Incan Trail to Machu Picchu.
It is journey through high Andean areas and inter-Andean valleys, with contrasting terrain, which allows you to enjoy extraordinary thermal baths, hikes by remote villages, with their ancestral customs, to share live experiences, visit Incan archaeological sites, contemplate landscapes, native flora and fauna, observe South American cameloids, rivers and valleys, ending with the visit of two of the region´s main Incan archaeological sites: Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu, Wonder of the Modern World.
PROGRAM OF LARES TREK AND MACHU PICCHU HIKE:
Day 1: Cusco / Calca / Lares / Wacawasi
- 6:00 a.m.: Departure from your hotel, on a tourist transportation, along the asphalted road of the Sacred Valley Circuit, passing by the colonial village of Pisaq
- 7:00 a.m.: Arrival in Calca, with its mild and very pleasant climate which gives the best corn in the world, as well as typical local fruit. You can opt to have a consistent Andean breakfast, based on lamb, beef or chicken meat broth (Optional and on your own account)
- Continuing our trip on a compacted dirt road to the Valley of Lares , on an uphill stretch to the Lares Mountain Pass ( 4,440 m .a.s.l.) and down to the village of Lares
- 9:00 a.m.: Arrival in the village of Lares ( 3,200 m .a.s.l.), where well enjoy the paradise-like thermal baths, as well as their good infrastructure, in pools with different temperatures, warm and cold waterfalls, dressing rooms, bathrooms, camping areas, etc.
- Countryside lunch in the area
- 1:00 p.m.: Beginning of the hike, enjoying beautiful landscapes, all the way to the Trapiche River Valley , where is located the community of Wacawasi, with its Incan customs
- 5:00 p.m.: Arrival in Wacawasi ( 3,600 m .a.s.l.), where we will set camp, to have dinner and spend the first night.
Day 2: Wacawasi / Ispayccasa Pass / Ispayqocha Lagoon / Patacancha
- Very early breakfast
- 7:00 a.m.: Uphill hike to the Ispayccasa Mountain Pass , going by remote hamlets and observing their lifestyle
- Observation of South American cameloids, such as lamas, alpacas and vicuñas, in an interesting habitat that gives added value to our trip
- Passing by the Ispayccasa Mountain Pass ( 4,500 m .a.s.l.) which offers impressive views of the Vilcanota Cordillera´s snow-capped mountains, such as the La Verónica , with an altitude of 5,700 meters
- Lunch on the shores of Ispayqocha Lagoon which is the habitat of abundant trout and bird species, like Andean geese, highland ibis and many more
- In the afternoon, downhill hike to the typical community of Patacancha, famous for the originality of their clothes, with hand-woven fabrics elaborated since ancestral times
- Installation of the campsite for dinner and second overnight stay.
Day 3: Patacancha / Willoq / Ollantaytambo / Aguas Calientes
- 7:00 a.m.: Downhill hike to the village of Willoq , known for its very colorful typical clothes, hand-woven by the inhabitants themselves, as it is a people who preserves the ancestral customs of an Incan Ayllu (Community)
- Visit of the Incan archaeological sites of Qochapata and Pumamarka which present remains of houses, walls and benched terraces that are currently cultivated, preserving the aqueducts built by the Incas
- Downhill hike towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas, to the village of Ollantaytambo
- 2:00 p.m.: Arrival in the village of Ollantaytambo which still conserves Incan features and designs, in its houses, narrow streets, enclosures and aqueducts
- Lunch in Ollantaytambo
- Free afternoon and optional visit of the Archaeological Complex of Ollantaytambo (On your own)
- 6:50 p.m.: Tourist train bound to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
- 9:10 p.m.: Arrival in Machu Picchu Pueblo and accommodation at a hotel.
Day 4: Excursion to the Incan City of Machu Picchu / Return to Cusco
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Tourist bus ride up to the Incan City of Machu Picchu, Wonder of the Modern World, located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineerings high level of development.
- Tourist bus ride down to Aguas Calientes
- Lunch on your own account
- 4:43 p.m.: Departure of the tourist train from Machu Picchu Village , to Cusco
- 8:13 p.m.: Arrival at Poroys train station and transfer to your hotel.
END OF OUR SERVICES.
LARES TREK AND MACHU PICCHU HIKE INCLUDES:
- Private tourist transportation Cusco / Calca / Lares
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Cook and horsemen
- Horses (For the gear only)
- Tents, dining and kitchen tents, mattresses, tables and chairs
- Tourist train tickets Ollantaytambo / Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Up and down bus ticket in Machu Picchu Pueblo and entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Tourist train ticket Machu Picchu Pueblo / Cusco
- Full meals during the hike, except for the last day (Vegetarian option)
- 01 entrance ticket to the Thermo-medicinal Baths of Lares
- 01 hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Transfer train station / hotel in Cusco
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, oxygen tank and emergency ropes.
LARES TREK AND MACHU PICCHU HIKE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, snacks, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Horses can be rented, for personal gear
- Sleeping bag (On rent)
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the companys control.
- Standard backpack
- Sleeping bag
- Adequate clothes for cold and heat
- Hiking shoes
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Bathing suit and towel
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
PRICES PER PERSON IN DOLLARS:
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.