Lake Valencia (02 Days / 01 Night )
It belongs to the District of Las Piedras and is located 60 km . from the city of Puerto Maldonado , close to the Bolivian border, at about four hours on a fast boat, navigating on the Madre de Dios River . It is next to Tambopatas Reserved Zone, and part of the Reserves Tampon Zone.
It is the areas largest lake; a place of exuberant and beautiful landscapes, as well as of abundant wealth in flora and fauna, such as turtles (Charapas and motelos), lizards, paiches; the largest fish in the Amazon, which can reach 3 meters in length and other varieties of fish, like the el dorado bass and the doncella, among others.
One can also observe a great variety of birds, such as the mountain turkey, fishing eagles, herons, vultures, flocks of macaws, etc. In the surroundings, there are lots of wild fauna, like on Monkeys´ Island, for example.
This short but very dynamic program gives you the opportunity to cohabitate with nature, observing the macaw lick, visiting Monkeys´ Island, go on daytime and night strolls around the lake, as well as hikes on trails, in the jungle.
PROGRAM OF LAKE VALENCIA :DAY 01 Puerto Maldonado / Lake Valencia
- 9:00 a.m.: Well board our river boat to navigate downstream, on the Madre de Dios River , to Lake Valencia
- Hike on a 3 km . long trail, observing the exuberant flora and fauna
- 12:00 noon: Arrival and accommodation at the refuge lodge, on the lakes shore
- Rowboat ride on Tambopatas largest lake which offers lots of flora and a rich fauna, with giant otters, turtles, lizards, paiches, other species of fish and birds
- Observation of Monkeys´ Island and Birds´ Island
- Return to the lodge for dinner
- After dinner, return to the lake, for a night rowboat ride, in search of large caimans of over 5 meters in length.
- 5:00 a.m.: Transfer to the Macaws´ Collpa (Lick)
- From an adequate place, well observe a wonderful spectacle of macaws, parrots, toucans and other birds, eating off the clay walls. At night, that same lick (Collpa) is visited by mammals, such as monkeys, water hogs (Capybaras), peccarys and tapirs
- Return to the lodge for breakfast
- Hike along jungle trails, observing the diversity of birds, monkeys, and if we are lucky, well be able to sight peccarys, tapirs and other mammals
- Return to the lodge for lunch
- Hike to the Madre de Dios
- Navigation back to the city of Puerto Maldonado
- 5:00 p.m.: Arrival in Puerto Maldonado and transfer to your hotel.
LAKE VALENCIA INCLUDES:
- Bilingual specialized guide
- Motorized river boat, catamaran and canoe, according to the tours
- All excursions
- Lodge accommodation
- Full meals during the tour
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, with antidotes.
LAKE VALENCIA DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- Non-programmed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Entrance fee to the reserve (USD $ 20.00)
- Small backpack
- Adequate clothes for hot weather
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Hat or cap
- Flashlight, binoculars, batteries and flashlight bulbs
- Camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
- Vaccination against Yellow Fever. It is mandatory to get vaccinated and to carry the vaccination certificate.
PRICES PER PERSON IN DOLLARS:
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.