Inca Trail to Ancestral Machu Picchu (4 Days / 3 Nights)
The whole Inca trail network which connects the Ancestral City of Machu Picchu has been built in strict harmony with the natural surroundings and landscape, and this 39.8 km. trail crosses several ecological levels, from high Andean areas, to inter-Andean and subtropical valleys, with an exuberant and varied flora and fauna, bringing the hiker closer to many archaeological compounds.
It is a very dynamic, admirable and pleasant trail, because it conjugates history, archaeology and nature. To access this very much appreciated circuit, it is necessary to make a reservation, many months in advance, and it will be subject to reservation confirmation.
Inca Trail Program:
DAY 01 – Inca trail: Cusco / Chillca / Wayllabamba
- 6:00 a.m.: Departure from the city of Cusco, to the locality of Chillca (Km. 82)
- 8:00 a.m.: Hike crossing the Vilcanota River, towards the mountains, on the Íncas’ route
- Guided visit of the Pre-Colombian Archaeological Complex of Llaqtapata
- Lunch in the area
- Arrival in Wayllabamba, dinner and overnight stay at the campsite.
DAY 02- Inca trail: Wayllabamba/Warmiwañuska Mountain Pass/Paq’aymayo
- Uphill hike to the Warmiwañuska Mountain Pass (4,200 m.a.s.l.), the highest and toughest point on the way
- Downhill hike towards the small valley of Paq’aymayo.
- Lunch in the area
- Dinner and stay at the campsite for the second night.
DAY 03- Inca trail: Paq’aymayo/Runkuraqay/Sayaqmarka/Phuyupatamarka/Wiñaywayna
- Uphill hike to the Runkuraqay Mountain Pass (3,800 m.a.s.l.)
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Runkuraqay
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Sayaqmarka
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Phuyupatamarka
- Lunch in the area
- Downhill hike to the Archaeological Complex of Wiñaywayna
- Dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 04- Inca trail: Wiñaywayna/Intipunku/MachuPicchu/Return to Cusco
- Hike by steep cliffs in the mountain, over great precipices, towards the Intipunku or Sun´s Gate. Impressive view of the Incan City and Mount Waynapicchu (Young Mountain)
- Guided visit of the Incan City of Machu Picchu; Wonder of the Modern World, located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineering’s high level of development.
- Downhill bus ride to the locality of Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
- Buffet lunch
- Recreation at Aguas Calientes´ Thermal Baths (Optional and on your own account)
- 4:43 p.m.: Departure on the tourist train from Machu Picchu Pueblo, to Cusco
- 8:13 a.m.: Arrival at Poroy’s train station and transfer to your hotel.
Inca trail Includes:
- Tourist bus to Chillca or Piscacucho
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Porters for general gear (Except for participants´personal objects)
- Tent equipment, dining, kitchen and bathroom tents
- Entrance fee to the Incan Trail
- Guided tour of the Incan City of Machu Picchu
- Downhill bus ride from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Full meals during the hike (Vegetarian option)
- 01 buffet lunch in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Tourist train ticket Machu Picchu Pueblo / Cusco
- Transfer train station / hotel
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, oxygen tank and emergency ropes.
Inca trail Does not included:
- 18 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Personal porters to carry backpacks, sleeping bags and matresses (Maximum 6.5 kilos per participant, according to regulations)
- Sleeping bag (On rent)
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the company’s control.
Inca trail What recomended that you bring:
- Standard backpack
- Sleeping bag
- Adequate clothes for cold and heat
- Hiking shoes
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Bathing suit and towel
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.