Inca Trail to Ancestral Machu Picchu (4 Days / 3 Nights)
The whole Inca trail network which connects the Ancestral City of Machu Picchu has been built in strict harmony with the natural surroundings and landscape, and this 39.8 km. trail crosses several ecological levels, from high Andean areas, to inter-Andean and subtropical valleys, with an exuberant and varied flora and fauna, bringing the hiker closer to many archaeological compounds.
It is a very dynamic, admirable and pleasant trail, because it conjugates history, archaeology and nature. To access this very much appreciated circuit, it is necessary to make a reservation, many months in advance, and it will be subject to reservation confirmation.
PROGRAM OF INCA TRAIL TO ANCESTRAL MACHU PICCHU:
Day 1: Cusco / Chillca / Wayllabamba
- 6:00 a.m.: Departure from the city of Cusco, to the locality of Chillca (Km. 82)
- 8:00 a.m.: Hike crossing the Vilcanota River, towards the mountains, on the Íncas route
- Guided visit of the Pre-Colombian Archaeological Complex of Llaqtapata
- Lunch in the area
- Arrival in Wayllabamba, dinner and overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 2: Wayllabamba / Warmiwañuska Mountain Pass / Paqaymayo
- Uphill hike to the Warmiwañuska Mountain Pass (4,200 m.a.s.l.), the highest and toughest point on the way
- Downhill hike towards the small valley of Paqaymayo.
- Lunch in the area
- Dinner and stay at the campsite for the second night.
Day 3: Paqaymayo / Runkuraqay / Sayaqmarka / Phuyupatamarka / Wiñaywayna
- Uphill hike to the Runkuraqay Mountain Pass (3,800 m.a.s.l.)
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Runkuraqay
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Sayaqmarka
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Phuyupatamarka
- Lunch in the area
- Downhill hike to the Archaeological Complex of Wiñaywayna
- Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Wiñaywayna / Intipunku / MachuPicchu / Return to Cusco
- Hike by steep cliffs in the mountain, over great precipices, towards the Intipunku or Sun´s Gate. Impressive view of the Incan City and Mount Waynapicchu (Young Mountain)
- Guided visit of the Incan City of Machu Picchu; Wonder of the Modern World, located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineerings high level of development.
- Downhill bus ride to the locality of Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
- Buffet lunch
- Recreation at Aguas Calientes´ Thermal Baths (Optional and on your own account)
- 4:43 p.m.: Departure on the tourist train from Machu Picchu Pueblo, to Cusco
- 8:13 a.m.: Arrival at Poroys train station and transfer to your hotel.
END OF OUR SERVICES.
INCA TRAIL TO ANCESTRAL MACHU PICCHU INCLUDES:
- Tourist bus to Chillca or Piscacucho
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Porters for general gear (Except for participants´personal objects)
- Tent equipment, dining, kitchen and bathroom tents
- Entrance fee to the Incan Trail
- Guided tour of the Incan City of Machu Picchu
- Downhill bus ride from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Full meals during the hike (Vegetarian option)
- 01 buffet lunch in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Tourist train ticket Machu Picchu Pueblo / Cusco
- Transfer train station / hotel
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, oxygen tank and emergency ropes.
INCA TRAIL TO ANCESTRAL MACHU PICCHU DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Personal porters to carry backpacks, sleeping bags and matresses (Maximum 6.5 kilos per participant, according to regulations)
- Sleeping bag (On rent)
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the companys control.
- Standard backpack
- Sleeping bag
- Adequate clothes for cold and heat
- Hiking shoes
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Bathing suit and towel
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
PRICES PER PERSON IN DOLLARS:
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: email@example.com Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.