Fast Machu Picchu by Car (02 Days / 01 Night)
This is a nice alternative to visit Machu Picchu, combining bus and train. It is accessible any time of the year, and especially, during the high tourist season, when the train services cannot face the demand.
This is why we go by the new route, on the Cusco / Quillabamba asphalted road, passing by the villages of the Sacred Valley, the Málaga Mountain Pass (4,350 m.a.s.l.), the highest point of the itinerary, to go down and get to Santa Teresa, following a short stretch of road, to the Intiwatana train station, and from there, go on by train to Machu Picchu, for just 10 kilometers.
But before that, we’ll have enjoyed the delights Cocalmayo´s Thermo-medicinal Baths offer us, in a true natural paradise.
PROGRAM: Fast Machu Picchu by car
DAY 01 Cusco / Santa María / Santa Teresa / Machu Picchu
- 7:00 a.m.: Departure on a tourist bus bound to the locality of Santa Teresa, along the Sacred Valley road, going up to the Málaga Mountain Pass ( 4,350 m .a.s.l.) and down to the subtropical jungle of the La Convención Valley , on stretches of asphalted and compacted dirt road, in good conditions
- 12:00 noon: Arrival in Santa Teresa ( 1,645 m .a.s.l.)
- Recreation at Cocalmayo´s Thermo-medicinal Baths, in a natural paradise
- Lunch on your own account
- 3:30 p.m.: Transfer to the Hidroeléctrica (Intiwatana) train station, at Km. 122 of the railway
- Departure of the tourist train bound to the village of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes)
- 5:30 p.m.: Arrival in Machu Picchu Pueblo and accommodation at a hotel
- Dinner on your own account
- Discotheque (Optional and on your own account)
- Hotel night in Machupicchu Pueblo.
DAY 02 Incan City of Machu Picchu / Return to Cusco by Train
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Tourist bus ride up to the Incan City of Machu Picchu, Wonder of the Modern World located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineering’s high level of development.
- Tourist bus ride down to Aguas Calientes
- Buffet lunch (Optionally, you could have lunch at the Sanctuary Lodge, near the Incan city’s entrance. In this case, we would change the return bus schedule)
- 4:43 p.m.: Departure of the tourist train from Machu Picchu Village , to Cusco
- 8:13 p.m.: Arrival at Poroy’s train station and transfer to your hotel.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Transfers Cusco / Santa Teresa / Hidroeléctrica train station
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Tourist train ticket Hidroeléctrica / Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Tourist train ticket Machu Picchu Pueblo / Cusco
- Two way bus ticket in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Guided visit of Machu Picchu + entrance fee
- 01 entrance to Cocalmayo´s Thermal Baths
- 01 hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 01 buffet lunch and 01 breakfast
- Transfers train station / hotel
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Luggage excess weight overcharge
- Non-programed food, extras, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the company’s control.
- Small backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Bathing suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Hat or cap
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
|Hotel Category||Accom modation||TRAIN CLASS|
|Valle Cerrojo||Back Packer|