Peru Top Ten Destinations
It is located in the Province of Chivay, 165 kilometers away and about a 4 hour trip from the city of Arequipa. The canyon is more than 100 km. long and its deepest spot is at a depth of 3,400 meters. It is accessible by means of a compacted (Not asphalted) dirt road, that goes by beautiful places and picturesque Andean villages; mainly Collaguas of Tiahuanaco origin (Pre-Hispanic culture from the high plateaus) and Cabanas, of Quechua roots, such as Coporaque, Lari, Cabanaconde, Yanque, Achoma, Maca Pinchoyo, Chumpa, Antahuillque, Madrigal, etc. At present, its benched terraces of Incan origin are being worked on by the area's farmers.
From Choquetico's Vantage Point, one can appreciate the canyon and a set of pre-Incan tombs, halfway up a huge vertical rocky wall. What these ancient men did is admirable and mysterious, as their deep religiousness to honor their dead, is, by all means, worthy of respect. One of the most privileged places to observe the great canyon, is the Cruz del Condor (Condor's Cross) Vantage Point which is the tourists´ favorite spot, because, from there, one can see the huge condors flying out of the precipices´ abrupt walls, to lose themselves in the depths of the canyon. However, one can observe the bottom of the canyon, with a better perspective, from Tapay's Vantage Point.
Chiclayo Chiclayo was a simple village of Indians and mestizos in the road between Lambayeque and Zaña in colonial times. It had the good fortune, however, of being in the center of an important Pre-Incan archaeological area, the site of recent spectacular archaeological discoveries such as the Lord of Sipán in Huaca Rajada, The Lord of Sicán in Batán Grande and the pyramids of Túcume. The Museo de Tumbas Reales de Sipán (Royal Tombs of Sipán Museum) and Sicán National Museum, housing a collection of incalculable worth, has made these discoveries accessible to all. Chiclayo has thus become Peru's second destination, after Cuzco, in terms of archaeological and historical interest. Chiclayo, also known for its highly-regarded sorcerers and healers, is located on Peru's northern coast .
Cuzco - Machu Picchu - Inca Trail Cuzco "The Archaeological Capital of America"; it constitutes the biggest tourist attractiveness in Peru, and the most visited one. Cuzco, was the biggest city and capital of the Inca Empire and then taken by the Spanish conquerors; today it has an architecture that fuses the Inca with the Spanish style. Their people conserves with pride its customs and traditions. It is also the forced step to know the mystic and enigmatic Machu Picchu Inca City that the Spaniards never knew and was discovered by the occidental culture in 1911. Cuzco, as Machu Picchu, for its historical value, and for its beauty is considered Cultural World Heritage Sites. The Sacred Valley of the Incas, Choquequirao, beautiful places and the Inca Trail are waiting for you. Also, the Manu National Park, the best wildlife destination in the Amazon, Natural World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Iquitos - Amazon River An ideal place for those lovers of the nature & biodiversity tourism and the ones who want to feel an intimate contact with the virgin nature of the Amazon rainforest; from the Iquitos city you will be able take a tour program in Jungle Lodges located in full jungle, and for the most adventurous and fearless you can arrive to the protected natural areas as Pacaya Samiria National Reserve or Allpahuayo Mishana National Reserve, with exuberant flora and fauna, and you can take contact with Amazonian aborigines or take a cruise in the Amazon river, the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
Lake Titicaca and Puno Puno is located in the Andean highland and beside the Titicaca the highest navigable lake in the world inhabited by the Uros people; Amantani and Taquile islands are recommended places to visit. Earth of the legendary Aymara people, and the Tiahuanaco Culture. It is the folkloric capital of Peru. Beautiful landscapes and colonial and pre-inca architecture. It offers excellent alternatives for the archaeological, living culture and nature & biodiversity tourism.
Lima The capital of Peru is a great metropolis; normally it is the entrance door to the country. You will be able to enjoy and know its historical centre with beautiful colonial constructions declared Cultural World Heritage Site by UNESCO, the best museums in Peru, some pre-Hispanic archaeological places as Caral the new Cultural World Heritage Site (June 2009), and a great variety of live concerts, cultural shows, folkloric, centers of amusement, luxurious casinos and game houses, and rich culinary tradition.
Nazca - Nazca Lines A unique place in the world, full with mystery and mysticism, wonderful forms of immense figures and lines, of spectacular perfection, work of a very old Peruvian civilization, the Nazca Lines, Cultural World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Also you can visit the pre-Inca archaeological complex as Cahuachi, Estaqueria, Chauchilla, Cantayoc and geoglyphs of Palpa.
Paracas The desert and the sea come together in spectacular landscapes in Paracas. At shore of the Pacific Ocean is an excellent ecological destination for the nature lovers and birdwatchers, the Paracas National Reserve. It also offers cultural historical attractiveness and it is a good alternative to pass relaxed moments excellent for the nautical sports as windsurf, katesurfing, scuba diving, deep sea fishing and more, visit the Ballestas Islands.
Tambopata Natural paradise in Amazon basin. Located between the basins of the Tambopata and Madre de Dios Rivers, the reserve covers an area of 274.690 hectares and is found in both the Madre de Dios and Puno departments. The wealth of its biodiversity is immeasurable, and scientist have already registered 632 bird species, 1200 butterfly species, 169 mammal species, 205 fish species, 103 amphibian species, and 67 reptile species. The vegetation is typical of tropical regions. Also the Bahuaja Sonene National Park.
Trujillo The capital of the spring, city of old colonial lineage, very near Chan Chan, capital of the Chimú Nation (XII Century) one of the biggest cities build with mud in the world, declared Cultural World Heritage Site by UNESCO, archaeological pre-Inca places as Huaca La Luna and Huaca El Sol, and new discoveries in El Brujo and the Lady of Cao. Trujillo is known as the "City of Eternal Spring". Is also famed by the traditional celebrations of the National Contest of Marinera (Festival de la Marinera), the International Festival of Spring, Competition of "Caballos de Paso" (Peruvian "Paso" horses), Exhibition of "Caballitos de Totora" and more. An excellent destination for the archaeological and historical tourism.
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: email@example.com Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.