Cusco’s Flavor (04 Days / 03 Nights)
Cusco’s varied and exquisite cuisine is recognized worldwide and some of its typical dishes are part of the Peruvian gastronomy, so promoted and appreciated abroad.
Cusco offers you all options of international, national and local food, as well as gourmet food, Peruvian fusion, Creole, Novo Andean, seafood and local products that are present in big hotels and tourist restaurants of 5 and 4 forks.
As a complement, national food is on offer in all 3 to 1 fork restaurants and Cusco’s own typical food, with its aroma, seasoning and peculiar presentation, can be found in the “quintas” (Countryside style restaurants), “peña shows” (Dinner show and lounge) and the famous traditional “picanterías” (Popular restaurants), with their true tidbits, capable of satisfying the most exigent tastes.
CUSCO’S FLAVOR PROGRAM
DAY 01 Arrival in Cusco / City Tour
- Reception at the airport and transfer to your hotel, coca leaf tea and acclimatization
- 12:30 p.m.: A la carte lunch with typical regional dishes, in one of the city’s traditional “picanterías”
- 1:45 p.m.: Guided tour of the city, visiting the Cathedral, Temple of the Qorikancha, Archaeological Complex of Saqsaywaman, Tambomachay, Pukapukara and Q´enqo. Return to the city, to visit the Qosqo Native Art Center (Optional)
- Welcome dinner show, at a traditional tourist restaurant
- Party night at a discotheque, “tragoteca” (“Drinkotheque”), pub or “peña” (Lounge), tasting exotic drinks, in Cusco ’s bohemian nights.
DAY 02 Tour to Cusco’s South Valley / Typical gastronomy
- Breakfast at your hotel
- 8:00 a.m.: Guided excursion to the South Valley ’s countryside
- Visit of the Incan Archaeological Complex of Tipón (Adoratory and Hydraulic Experimentation Center )
- Visit of Andahuaylillas´ Church, known as “ America ’s Sistine Chapel”
- Visit of the pre-Incan Archaeological Complex of Piquillaqta, declared as National Archaeological Park
- Passing by the village of Oropesa ; the Regional Capital of Bread, still prepared in wood burning ovens
- 1:00 p.m.: Typical countryside lunch, in the village of Tipón or Saylla: Pork cracklings or oven-baked guinea pig, accompanied by the famous pisco sour and the Nájar anis liquor
- 3:00 p.m.: Return to your hotel and free afternoon.
DAY 03 Full day excursion to Machu Picchu
- Breakfast at your hotel
- 6:30 a.m.: Transfer from your hotel to Poroy’s train station
- 7:42 a.m.: Departure of the tourist train bound to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
- 10:51 a.m.: Arrival in the village of Machu Picchu
- Tourist bus up to Machu Picchu and guided visit
- Tourist bus down to Aguas Calientes
- Buffet lunch (Optional: Lunch at the Sanctuary Lodge, near the Incan
City ’s entrance. In this case, we’ll change the return bus schedule)
- 4:43 p.m.: Departure of the tourist train bound to Cusco
- 8:13 p.m.: Arrival at Poroy’s train station and transfer to your hotel.
DAY 04 Departure transfer
- Breakfast and transfer to the airport.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Transfers airport / hotel / airport
- All transfers according to the program
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Guided tour of the city
- Guided excursion to the South Valley
- Guided visit of Machu Picchu
- Two-way tourist train ticket to Machu Picchu
- 03 hotel nights in Cusco
- 01 lunch at a traditional “picantería”
- 01 welcome dinner show
- 01 typical lunch in Saylla or Tipón
- 01 buffet lunch in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 03 breakfasts
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the company’s control.
What recommeded that you bring:
- Small backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Hat or cap
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $