The city of Cusco benefits from a semi-dry and fresh climate. The average maximum temperature is of 19.6?C, while the average annual temperature is of 13?C and the average minimum is of 2?C. The rainy season starts in November and ends in March, and the dry season is from April to October. The intense cold time period is between May and July. Springtime temperatures start in September and the little summertime is between October and November.
Accesses and Communications
Cusco’s Alejandro Velasco Astete Airport registers a high rate of national flight operation, as it is the country´s second airport, regarding commercial flights.
National flights to and from Cusco:
- 05 daily flights Lima / Cusco / Lima, with Lan Perú
- 03 daily flights between Cusco and Puerto Maldonado, with Lan Perú
- 02 daily flights between Arequipa and Cusco, with Lan Perú
- 03 daily flights between Cusco and Juliaca, with Lan Perú
- 03 daily flights Lima / Cusco / Lima, with Star Perú
- 02 daily flights between Cusco and Puerto Maldonado, with Star Perú
- International flights between Cusco and La Paz (Bolivia)
- 03 weekly flights with AEROSUR, connecting Cusco with the cities of La Paz, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz de la Sierra.
- Lima / Arequipa / Cusco: 1,650 km. (26 hours by bus)
- Lima / Nazca / Puquio / Chalhuanca / Abancay / Cusco: 1,131 km. (20 hours by bus)
- Cusco / Juliaca / Arequipa: 516 km. (10 hours by bus)
- Cusco / Puno: 389 km. (07 hours by bus)
- Cusco / La Paz (Bolivia) (13 hours by bus).
Cusco / Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes): 110.5 km. (03 hours 30)
Cusco / Machu Picchu / Hidroeléctrica: 122 km. (04 hours 30)
Tourist service Cusco / Juliaca / Puno: 384 km. (12 hours)
Distances from the city of Cusco, in the inter-provincial network
- Acomayo (Province of Acomayo): 104.5 km. / 3 hours
- Anta (Province of Anta): 26 km. / 30 minutes
- Calca (Province of Calca): 50 km. / 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Yanaoca (Province of Canas): 165 km. / 3 hours
- Sicuani (Province of Canchis): 138 km. / 2 hours
- Santo Tomás (Province of Chumbivilcas): 240 km. / 10 hours
- Yauri (Province of Espinar): 241 km. / 7 hours
- Quillabamba (Province of La Convención): 210 km. / 6 hours
- Paruro (Province of Paruro): 64 km. / 2 hours
- Paucartambo (Province of Paucartambo): 109 km. / 3 hours
- Urcos (Province of Quispicanchis): 46 km. / 40 minutes
- Urubamba (Province of Urubamba): 78 km. / 1 hour and 25 minutes.