Colorado Expedition (05 Days / 04 Nights )
The Bahuaja Sonene National Park is a bio-diversified place which shelters 450 bird species, 28 of amphibians and 74 of mammals, a huge diversity of insects, butterflies, dragonflies and tree ants. It possesses a rich and abundant flora, with aguaje trees, the tornillo cedar, giant chestnut and mahogany trees, some of which are endangered species.
The Tambopata Candamo National Reserve is composed of different adequate ecosystems for flora and fauna eco-conservation, as in the case of the sachavaca (Tapir), the jaguar, caimans, lizards, fish, turtles, giant otters, water hogs (Capybaras), huanganas, giant armadillos, monkeys, macaws, parrots, anacondas, snakes, batrachians, insects and many other species that maintain natures balance.
This program is one of the most beautiful and spectacular, as it allows you to close up on the Collpa Colorado, the largest in the Peruvian Amazon, in the heart of the reserve, as well as to go on hikes to impressive lakes, do night walks, canopy and visit scientific expositions.
PROGRAM OF COLORADO EXPEDITION :DAY 01 Arrival in Puerto Maldonado / Amazonas Refuge
- Reception at the airport and transfer to your hotel in Puerto Maldonado, day-use service, leaving your main luggage until your return
- Transfer on a tourist transportation to the port, on the Tambopata River , in the Infierno Native Community
- Boarding of the river boat that will transport us to the lodge located in the Reserves Tampon Zone
- Lunch box during the trip
- Arrival, reception and accommodation at the Amazonas Refuge of the Tambopata Research Center
- Afternoon to rest
- Night stroll, in search of caimans
DAY 02 Canopy / Transfer to the Tambopata Research Center
- Very early, well go on a spectacular tower canopy tour, on 25 meter high platforms, from which one can observe a great diversity of birds, such as toucans, macaws and birds of prey
- Tour along jungle trails, to observe places where nuts are produced and recollected, with explanation of their production and recollection process
- Boarding our river boat again, to enter the reserves heart, crossing the confluence with the Malinowski River , towards the Tambopata Research Center Lodge. On the way, Well have a chance to observe capybaras, alligators, geese, macaws and other animal species
- Lunch during the journey
- In the afternoon, arrival, reception and accommodation at the lodge
- Hike along low jungles trails, to observe the bamboo forests regeneration process which propitiates the habitat of the howling monkey and that of other species of monkeys
- Scientific conference on the Macaw Project, from the biological point of view, regarding alimentation, reproduction, use of the lick (Collpa), threats and conservation
DAY 03 Collpa Colorado / Condemned Lake 1 and 2
- 4:30 a.m.: Well move on to an adequate and camouflaged place, quite close to the Collpa Colorado
- Using binoculars, well be able to capture the best views of the largest and most spectacular lick (Collpa) in the Peruvian Jungle, with enormous quantities of 32 species of macaws, parrots and parakeets, eating off the clay walls
- Return to the lodge, for breakfast
- Immediately after, transfer on a river boat, to the Amazonas Refuge Lodge
- Arrival and lunch
- Hike to the Condemned Lake 1 and 2, observing the abundant flora and fauna
- Rowboat ride, on these beautiful lakes, observing different bird species, such as herons, tuqui tuquis, the noisy bird (Donacobius), the hoatzín or shansho (Opisthocomus hoatzin), giant otters, etc.
- That jungle is the habitat of felines and mammals, such as tapirs, wild boars, huanganas and other wild animals
- Return to the lodge
- Night walk to observe caimans
- Conferences presented by experts of the Amazonas Refuge, on eco-conservation, opportunities and projects in the Tambopata National Reserve.
DAY 04 Amazonas Refuge / Lake Sandoval / Puerto Maldonado
- 6:00 a.m.: Navigation downstream, on the Tambopata River , with transfer to the Madre de Dios River
- Landing on the indicated beach and 3 km . hike through the Amazonian Forest, observing orchids, giant palm trees, other varieties of trees, insects, etc.
- Rowboat ride on Lake Sandoval, the habitat of a diversified fauna, such as caimans, lizards, turtles, giant otters, varieties of fish, birds, macaws, monkeys, etc.
- Short hike and return transfer on a river boat, to the city of Puerto Maldonado
- Arrival and transfer to your hotel
- Discotheque (Optional and on your own account).
DAY 05 Departure transfer
- Breakfast at your hotel and transfer to the airport.
COLORADO EXPEDITION INCLUDES:
- All transfers (Airport / hotel / airport)
- Bilingual specialized guide
- Motorized river boat, catamaran and canoe, according to the tours
- All excursions
- Hotel and lodge accommodation
- Full meals during the tour, except for the last dinner
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, with antidotes.
COLORADO EXPEDITION DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Entrance fee to the reserve (USD $ 20.00)
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights for flight cancellation or that of any other services, due to causes beyond the companys control.
- Standard backpack
- Adequate clothes for hot weather
- Light boots, sneakers and sandals
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Pants and long sleeves shirts
- Hat, cap and sunglasses
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Insect repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Flashlight, binoculars, batteries and flashlight bulbs
- Basic medicines
- Camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
- Vaccination against Yellow Fever. It is mandatory to get vaccinated and to carry the vaccination certificate.
PRICES PER PERSON IN DOLLARS:
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: email@example.com Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.