Choquekirao "Cradle of Gold" (04 Days / 03 Nights)
The great city built by the Incas, is an architectural wonder which possesses impressive benched terraces, a Main or Ceremonial Square, sacred places, royal residences, aqueducts and stone buildings located on terraces, at different levels and distances, communicating by means of stairways and paths.
The ideal complement is the impressive landscape of the Apurimac s Canyon, with its great river, rough mountains and the Condors´ flight. We will access Choquekirao on an Incan trail, from the village of Cachora, with camping equipment, porters and mules.
PROGRAM OF CHOQUEKIRAO CRADLE OF GOLD :
DAY 01 Cusco / Cachora / Chiquisca / Playa Rosalina
- 6:00 a.m.: Departure on a tourist bus bound to the locality of Cachora (2,800 m.a.s.l.)
- 8:00 a.m.: Hike and arrival at the Capuliyoc Natural Vantage Point, with panoramic observation of the Apurimacs Canyon and Condors´ flight.
- Lunch box in the area
- Downhill hike by the sector of Chiquisca, to Playa Rosalina, by the Apurimac River, where we will install our first campsite.
- Dinner and overnight stay.
Choquekirao DAY 02 Playa Rosalina / Marampata / Choquekirao
- Very early breakfast.
- Tough uphill hike, on a zigzaging path, to elevated heights. From up there, the landscape is indescribable, with the beautiful Apurimacs Canyon, mountains, valleys and the Andes, in the background. Then, we will go by Santa Rosa´s sugar cane plantation, where well taste the Cambray; a typical drink based on the sugar cane.
- Arrival at Marampata, where we will install our camping base, before getting to Choquekirao.
- Hike to the Archaeological Complex of Choquekirao and guided visit of the great stone city built by the Incas.
- Return to the campsite, dinner and overnight stay.
Choquekirao DAY 03 Marampata / Chiquisca / Cocamasana
- Downhill hike to the depths of the Apurimacs Canyon
- Lunch in the area of Chiquisca
- Uphill hike to Cocamasana, where well set our third and last campsite
- Dinner and overnight stay.
- Observation of the Condors´ flight
- Uphill hike towards the Capuliyoc Vantage Point
- Light hike to the locality of Cachora
- Farewell lunch with the muleteers
- Guided visit of Saywites Archaeological Site
- Recreation and relax at Qonocs Thermal Baths
- Return trip to Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
CHOQUEKIRAO CRADLE OF GOLD INCLUDES:
- Transportation by bus Cusco / Cachora / Cusco
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Cook and horsemen
- Entrance fee to Choquekirao
- Horses (Only for the camping gear)
- Additional horse, for emergency cases
- Tents, dining and kitchen tents (Camping matress)
- Full meals during the hike (Vegetarian option)
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, oxygen tank and emergency ropes.
CHOQUEKIRAO CRADLE OF GOLD DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- 19 % VAT tax (Only for Peruvians)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, snacks, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Horses (On rent for personal equipment)
- Sleeping bag (On rent)
- Entrance fee to Saywite and Qonocs Thermal Baths
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight cancellation or that of other services, for reasons beyond the companys control.
- Standard backpack
- Sleeping bag
- Adequate clothes for cold and heat
- Hiking shoes
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Bathing suit and towel
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
PRICES PER PERSON IN DOLLARS:
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: email@example.com Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.