Tiwanacu, the remains of the city lost in time, had its splendor 1,400 years before Christ. In its origins, it was situated on the shores of Lake Titicaca. The Tiwanacota culture stood out for its knowledge in astrology, in the confection of textiles and ceramics, as well as for its sophisticated agriculture and dominion over the stone, for the construction of its monuments.
It shows the grandeur of the human spirit dominating its surroundings. A monument to architecture shows us the Temple of Calasasaya, the Suns Gate, sculpted heads and great ceremonial spaces.
Island of the Sun
On the Island of the Sun, there are the remains of Pilkukaina, the stairway with one thousand steps, as well as the Fountain of Eternal Youth and the ruins of the Chincana (The Maze). There also are different paths to hike among the ruins.
Sampaya, 12 km. from Copacabana, displays houses built with stones and rough thatched roofs. There, lives an Aymara population that keeps the same customs than hundreds of years ago.
Uyunis Salt Plain
The Salt Plain is all that remains of a huge inner sea which dried up, hundreds of thousands of years ago, leaving a great quantity of salt which is what can currently be observed. The landscape shows us a contrast with the starry sky that presents itself like a voyage of the Planet Earth spacecraft, in the infinite universe.
No visitor who comes to Bolivia, considering him or herself to be a good connoisseur, should miss out on visiting the Salar of Uyuni, as it is one of the Natural Wonders of the World.
It is located at a distance of two and a half hours from La Paz, going down a zigzagging paved trail. One can also go by the ancient trail which is stony and called Deaths Trail, for crossing the Andes at a high altitude.
Many tourists go down on the Deaths Trail, on mountain bikes, defying altitude and conquering a trail, which produces an incredible feeling of satisfaction.
This natural sanctuary shelters a great diversity of animal life, in its forests, meadows, rivers and skies. For example, the variety of bird species is superior in that jungle, than in any other part of the world.
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: email@example.com Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.