Bahuaja / Collpa Lagos (05 Days / 04 Nights) from USD $ 480
The Bahuaja Sonene National Park is a bio-diversified place which shelters 450 bird species, 28 of amphibians and 74 of mammals, a huge diversity of insects, butterflies, dragon flies and tree ants. It possesses a rich and abundant flora, with aguaje trees, the tornillo cedar, giant chestnut and mahogany trees, some of which are endangered species.
The Tambopata Candamo National Reserve is composed of different adequate ecosystems for the eco-conservation of flora and fauna, as in the case of the sachavaca (Tapir), the jaguar, caimans, lizards, fish, turtles, giant otters, water hogs (Capybara), huanganas, giant armadillos, monkeys, macaws, parrots, anacondas, snakes, batrachians, insects and many other species that maintain natures balance.
This program gives you a chance to enjoy Collpas (Licks), lakes, trails, rivers, campsites, night strolls and lodges, with a moderate staying time.
PROGRAM OF BAHUAJA / COLLPA LAGOS :DAY 01 Arrival in Puerto Maldonado / Lodge in the Reserved Zone
- Reception at the airport and transfer to the port, on the Tambopata River
- Boarding of the river boat that will transport us to the lodge located in the Reserved Zone
- Lunch box during the trip
- Arrival, reception and accommodation at the Libertador Tambopata Lodge
- Short walk to get familiarized, along the trails around the lodge
- Night stroll, in search of insects and wild animals.
- Transfer on a river boat, on the Tambopata River , to the landing beach
- Hike along trails in the jungle, observing flora and fauna
- Arrival at the Condemned Lake 1 and 2, rowboat ride, with observation of giant otters, a great variety of fish and birds, herons, hoatzin (Shansho), etc.
- Lunch at the lodge
- Navigation to the Bahuaja Sonene National Park , to get to the surroundings of the Collpa Chuncho
- Setting up camp and dinner
- Night observation of families of water hogs (The worlds largest rodent), tapirs (Sachavaca), the parks largest and shyest mammal, and if we are lucky, well have a chance to sight the famous jaguar.
- 5:00 a.m.: Well settle in an adequate and camouflaged place, with a good visibility towards the Collpa (Lick)
- Using binoculars, well have a chance to capture the best views of the lick session of macaws, parrots and parakeets of several species and colors, presenting a wonderful show
- Breakfast at the campsite
- Hike along the beach and jungle trails, observing birds, monkeys, mammals, insects and lots of flora
- Return to the lodge for lunch
- Free afternoon, to rest, fish, swim, walk around in the jungle, in the lodges vicinity or pay a visit to the local native community
- Night walk in search of caimans
- 6:00 a.m.: Well board the river boat, to navigate downstream, on the Tambopata River , with a transfer to the Madre de Dios River
- Landing on the indicated beach and hike for 3 km . through the Amazon Forest , observing orchids, giant palm trees, other varieties of trees and insects
- Rowboat ride on Lake Sandoval; the habitat of a diversified fauna, with caimans, lizards, turtles, giant otters, a great variety of fish, birds, macaws, monkeys, etc.
- Short hike and return transfer, on a river boat, to the city of Puerto Maldonado
- Arrival and transfer to your hotel
- Free afternoon and dinner on your own account
- Discotheque (Optional and on your own account).
- Breakfast at your hotel and transfer to the airport.
BAHUAJA / COLLPA LAGOS INCLUDES:
- All transfers (Airport / hotel / airport)
- Bilingual specialized guide
- Motorized river boat, catamaran and canoe, according to the tours
- All excursions
- Camping gear
- Accommodation at a hotel, lodge and campsite
- Full meals during the tour, except dinner on the last day
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, with antidotes.
BAHUAJA / COLLPA LAGOS DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Entrance fee to the reserve (USD $ 20.00)
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights for flight cancellation or that of any other services, due to causes beyond the companys control.
- Standard backpack
- Adequate clothes for hot weather
- Light boots, sneakers and sandals
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Pants and long sleeves shirts
- Hat, cap and sunglasses
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Insect repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Flashlight, binoculars, batteries and flashlight bulbs
- Basic medicines
- Camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
- Vaccination against Yellow Fever. It is mandatory to get vaccinated, and to carry the vaccination certificate.
PRICES PER PERSON IN DOLLARS:
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.