The climate is mild, moderately rainy and with a moderate thermic amplitude.
The road is asphalted all the way to Chachapoyas. Further along, it is a compacted dirt road.
- Lima / Chiclayo / Olmos / Pedro Ruiz / Chachapoyas: 1,224 km. / 22 hours by bus.
- Trujillo / Chiclayo / Olmos / Pedro Ruiz / Chachapoyas: 647 km. / 12 hours by bus.
- Chiclayo / Olmos / Pedro Ruiz / Chachapoyas: 441 km. / 09 hours by bus.
- Cajamarca / Celendín / Balsas / Chachapoyas: 335 km. / 07 hours by bus.
- Tarapoto / Pedro Ruiz / Chachapoyas: 363 km. / 08 hours by bus.
- Móvil Tours (From Lima, Trujillo and Chiclayo)
- Transportes Zelada (From Lima and Chiclayo)
- Transervis Kuélap (From Chiclayo)
- Civa (From Lima and Chiclayo).
Chachapoyas has two airports: One is for social support of Peru´s Armed Forces and the other still has no commercial use. Air connections by road, are carried out from the airports of Chiclayo and Tarapoto.