Amazon / Yanayacu (04 Days / 03 Nights)
Cross the threshold of the green wall, along 77 km., in two ecosystems: The Sinchicuy River and Yanayacu River basins. From the city of Iquitos, navigating on the Amazon River, the worlds longest and mightiest river, well penetrate into the Amazonian jungle, to observe the richness of the exuberant flora and varied fauna existing in the tangled jungle, in its rivers and lagoons or qochas, where well appreciate a great diversity of birds, fish, wild animals, insects, medicinal plants and giant trees.
We will ride on a motorized river boat and will go on a hike, to have a direct contact with nature, and well have a chance to share live experiences and ancestral customs, with members of native communities.
Finally, well enjoy Loretos delicious food, with local products.
PROGRAM OF AMAZON / YANAYACU :
DAY 01 Arrival to Iquitos / Tour of the Eco-cultural Circuit in the Sinchicuy River Basin
- Reception at the airport and short tour of the main tourist attractions of Iquitos
- Transfer to the port, to board a motorized river boat and transfer to the lodge, navigating on the Amazon River , the worlds mightiest and longest river
- Arrival at the Amazonas Sinchicuy Lodge, reception with a delicious welcome refreshing drink, elaborated with local fruit (Cocona, camu camu, copoazú, etc.)
- Excursion on foot or on a canoe, to the Yagua ethnic groups community, located in Nuevo Perú (New Peru), with its ancestral customs, to appreciate its original palm tree fiber garments, and put your aiming skills to the test, with the phucuna (Blowpipe) the Yaguas have been using to hunt, since centuries
- Return to the lodge and typical lunch, with natural local products
- Ethno-botanical excursion, to discover the medicinal properties of the Uña de Gato (Cats Claw), Caña Agria (Bitter Cane), Copaiba, Aguaje, Ayahuasca, etc.
- Visit to the natural healer or Shaman, with explanation on the properties and applications of some medicinal plants and roots
- Visit to the Santa María Riverside Estate, observation of homemade extraction of sugar cane juice, orchards, fish farm, with native species, cattle breeding and handicraft fishing
- Night tour on a canoe or walking, to observe insects, grasshoppers, spiders, religious mantis
- Return to the lodge and dinner.
- Very early, bird watch, meanwhile they feed on the river banks or in plantations around the community
- Breakfast at the lodge
- Transfer on a river boat, to the other side of the Amazon River, towards the Yanayacu River Basin , observing river dolphins
- Arrival a Huashalado, hike on low floodable jungle trails, to see manioc plantations, fruit trees and giant trees. It will also be possible to observe monkeys and sloth bears
- Journey along the Yanayacu River which shelters an interesting fauna and birds, like the kingfisher, sparrow hawks, herons, hoatzin or shansho, etc. Its exuberant flora, with medicinal plants, the lupuna (Ceiba pentandra); a giant tree that grows past 50 meters in height and the Victoria Regia aquatic plant, the leaf of which can be larger than one meter and a half in diameter
- Navigation to the Tambo Yanayacu Lodge, located in the Falcon Gorge ( 60 km . North-east of Iquitos ), reception and accommodation at the lodge
- Short tour on a canoe or on foot, to get to know the area. We recommend the use of rubber boots, to ease the hike
- Return to the lodge and comforting lunch
- In the afternoon, hike on jungle trails, to appreciate lupunas (Giant trees) and a lagoon, where it is possible to observe the camungo (Anhima cornuta), a flashy bird species that feeds on the aquatic flora
- Return to the lodge and night hike, before or after dinner.
- Very early, bird watch, while they feed on the Yanayacu River banks or fish in its waters
- Breakfast at the lodge
- Hike to Lake Yagua Qocha, the habitat of a great variety of fish, where local inhabitants go fishing. There, well have a chance to observe the hoatzin bird or shansho. Canoe ride and fishing
- Return to the lodge and lunch (If you wish, you can ask to have what you have fished prepared)
- In the afternoon, we will participate to the ceremony to plant a tree, in the reforestation area, nearby the lodge
- The rest of the afternoon is free, to go on a canoe ride, swim in the paradise-like gorge or get to know a typical village of farmers
- Return to the lodge and dinner.
- Excursion to one typical riverside community, on the Amazon River . During the journey, well observe species of flora and fauna
- Well share and interact with the population, in daily activities and ecological projects
- Return to the lodge and lunch
- Return to the city of Iquitos , on a river boat
- Transfer to the airport.
AMAZON / YANAYACU INCLUDES:
- Transfers airport / hotel / lodge / airport
- Transportation by land and river
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Tour of the Eco-cultural Circuit ( Sinchicuy River Basin s Ecosystem)
- Tour of the Flora and Fauna Circuit ( Yanayacu River Basin s Ecosystem)
- Ethno-botanical tour, with observation of medicinal plants and giant trees
- Bird watching
- Night tour, in search of insects and animals
- Hike to Yagua Qocha Lagoon
- Visit to native communities
- 01 night accommodation at the Amazonas Sinchicuy Lodge
- 02 nights accommodation at the Tambo Yanayacu Lodge
- Full meals during the tour.
AMAZON / YANAYACU DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- 19% VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 6.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food, extras, alcoholic drinks, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights for flight cancellations or suspension of other services, due to circumstances beyond the company´s control.
- Standard backpack
- Adequate clothes for the heat
- Light boots, sneakers and sandals
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Pants and long sleeves shirts
- Light Bermuda shorts or shorts
- T-shirts or short sleeves shirts
- Hat, cap and sunglasses
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Insect repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Flashlight, binoculars, batteries and spare light bulbs
- Basic medicine
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money, in Soles.
PRICES PER PERSON IN DOLLARS:
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL WARRANTY IN PERU - RESERVATION AND OPERATION REGULATIONS:
In order to improve the organization of our tourist trips and guarantee our service efficiency to intermediaries and customers, INVERSA E.I.R.L., as IN PERU TRAVEL's operator brings its reservation and operation policies, to public attention. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Programs and Prices
- All our prices are in American Dollars and include all taxes, for non-residents in Peru (Foreign visitors)
- Prices for groups of over 15 participants, are subject to discounts
- Consult our reservation agent at the E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Travel warranty in Peru
- All airplane, train and bus services are subject to changes and availability. Therefore, the reservation date must be confirmed in due time.
Travel warranty in Peru - Reservations and Deposits
- The system only processes reservations received, at least 2 days before the tourist services´ starting date
- In order to confirm your reservation, we must have received your pre-payment of services or guarantee deposit of US $ 100.00 American Dollars
- All payments and deposits can be made through our online system, by accessing our Website: www.inperutravel.com.
Travel warranty in Peru - Tourist Packages / Tour Reservations
- All services included in confirmed tourist packages, are guaranteed, within the established conditions
- Your reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with each tourist package reservation code
- The packages´ total payment must be made 60 days before the travel program's starting date. Travel warranty in Peru.
Travel warranty in Peru - Cancellations
- There will not be any refund for portions of the program which will not be completed, due to the visitor's decision, once the program has started
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 60 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses. Travel warranty in Peru.
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 59 and 30 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 50% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, between 29 and 16 days before service date, will suffer a penalty of 75% of the package's value, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, 15 or less days before service date, are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Travel warranty in Peru - Hotel Reservations (Not included in our tourist packages)
- All confirmed hotel accommodation services are guaranteed. Travel warranty in Peru.
- The reservation confirmation must be sent by E-mail, with the hotel's reservation code
- Breakfast and transfer from the airport, are included, only if specified and made public by the hotel. If not, the price only includes accommodation.
- Visitors only have to show their passports and hotel reservation voucher, to take the room.
Travel warranty in Peru - Sanctions
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, made more than 16 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- Cancellations on the visitor's part, within 15 days before their arrival, will have to be subject to a penalty of the value of the first night, plus USD 25.00 American Dollars, for administrative expenses
- In the case the visitor fails to show up at the hotel, on the reserved date, and has not communicated any cancellation, they will be charged as no show, for all other reserved nights.
Travel warranty in Peru - LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
- IN PERU TRAVEL is responsible for delivering all services contracted by the customer, according to what has been established in the package's contents. Travel warranty in Peru.
- In cases of strikes, political manifestations, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or any other cases of Act of God which might affect the tourist program's normal progression, IN PERU TRAVEL, will not be held responsible for unfulfilled services. Therefore, there is no compensation to third parties, whatsoever
- If, for any reason, the transportation means chosen by visitors (Plane, bus, train, etc.) should fail to arrive on the scheduled date and time to start the tour, IN PERU TRAVEL is free of all liability
- The operator will only assume service on the remaining portion of the program, after the visitors´ arrival, and consequently, the lost part of the program, will neither be reprogrammed, nor refunded
- IN PERU TRAVEL reserves the right to modify any package's program, when circumstances require it to offer safety and better service to visitors
- IN PERU TRAVEL will issue all tickets and vouchers, for all services, at the program's starting place or can send these coupons to the address indicated by the customer.