Amazon – Sinchicuy (03 Days / 02 Nights) from USD$ 264
From Iquitos, capital city of the Region of Loreto, in Peru ’s largest jungle, we can have access to its main tourist attractions, principally composed of natural resources which invite you to ecotourism, adventure and the sharing of live experiences and ancestral customs, with native communities.
Traveling 70 km. across two ecosystems (The Sinchicuy River Basin and Yanayacu River Basin), navigating on the world’s mightiest and longest river, the Amazon, we will penetrate the Amazonian Jungle, to observe the richness of its exuberant flora and fauna.
There, we’ll appreciate a great diversity of birds, fish, wild animals, insects, medicinal plants and giant trees, while navigating on a boat or hiking.
Finally, we’ll enjoy Loreto’s delicious food, with products proper of the region.
Amazon – Sinchicuy PROGRAM
DAY 01 Arrival in Iquitos / Eco-cultural Circuit in the Sinchicuy River Basin
- Reception at the airport and short tour of the main tourist attractions of Iquitos
- Transfer to the port, to board a motorized river boat and transfer to the lodge, navigating on the Amazon River , the world’s mightiest and longest river
- Arrival at the Amazonas Sinchicuy Lodge, reception with a delicious welcome refreshing drink, elaborated with local fruit (Cocona, camu camu, copoazú, etc.)
- Excursion on foot or on a canoe, to the Yagua ethnic group’s community, located in Nuevo Perú (New Peru), with its ancestral customs, to appreciate its original palm tree fiber garments, and put your aiming skills to the test, with the phucuna (Blowpipe) the Yaguas have been using to hunt, since centuries
- Return to the lodge and typical lunch, with natural local products
- Ethno-botanical excursion, to discover the medicinal properties of the Uña de Gato (Cat’s Claw), Caña Agria (Bitter Cane), Copaiba, Aguaje, Ayahuasca, etc.
- Visit to the natural healer or Shaman, with explanation on the properties and applications of some medicinal plants and roots
- Visit to the Santa María Riverside Estate, observation of homemade extraction of sugar cane juice, orchards, fish hatchery, with native species, cattle breeding and handicraft fishing
- Night tour on a canoe or walking, to observe insects, grasshoppers, spiders, religious mantis…
- Return to the lodge and dinner.
DAY 02 Amazon / Bird Watch / Flora and Fauna Circuit / Yanayacu River Basin
- Very early, bird watch, meanwhile they feed on the river banks or in plantations around the community
- Breakfast at the lodge
- Transfer on a river boat, to the other side of the Amazon River, towards the Yanayacu River Basin , observing river dolphins
- Arrival a Huashalado, hike on low floodable jungle trails, to see manioc plantations, fruit trees and giant trees. It will also be possible to observe monkeys and sloths
- Journey along the Yanayacu River which shelters an interesting fauna and birds, like the kingfisher, sparrow hawks, herons, hoatzin or shansho, etc. Its exuberant flora, with medicinal plants, the lupuna (Ceiba pentandra); a giant tree that grows past 50 meters in height and the Victoria Regia aquatic plant, the leaf of which can be larger than one meter and a half in diameter
- Box lunch at the Tambo Yanayacu Lodge
- Fishing activities, using native techniques, to capture piranhas, mojarras, lizas and other species of fish which are a real delights in the local cuisine
- Navigation back to the Sinchicuy Lodge, on the Amazon River , with time enough to rest in comfortable hammocks and enjoy, at the Mirador Clavohuasca Bar, with an ice cold drink or aphrodisiac liquor
- Dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 03 Tambo Yanayacu Lodge / Riverside Community on the Amazon / Return to Iquitos
- Excursion to one typical riverside community, on the Amazon River . During the journey, we’ll observe species of flora and fauna
- We’ll share and interact with the population, in daily activities and ecological projects
- Return to the lodge and lunch
- Return to the city of Iquitos , on a river boat
- Transfer to the airport.
- Transfers airport / hotel / lodge / airport
- Transportation by land and river
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Tour of the Eco-cultural Circuit ( Sinchicuy River Basin ’s Ecosystem)
- Tour of the Flora and Fauna Circuit ( Yanayacu River Basin ’s Ecosystem)
- Ethno-botanical tour, with observation of medicinal plants and giant trees
- Bird watching
- Night tour, in search of insects and animals
- Fishing activities
- Visit to native communities
- 02 nights accommodation at the Amazonas Sinchicuy Lodge
- Full meals during the tour.
Does Not Include:
- 19% VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 6.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food, extras, alcoholic drinks, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights for flight cancellations or suspension of other services, due to circumstances beyond the company´s control.
What recommended that your bring:
- Standard backpack
- Adequate clothes for the heat
- Light boots, sneakers and sandals
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Pants and long sleeves shirts
- Light Bermuda shorts or shorts
- T-shirts or short sleeves shirts
- Hat, cap and sunglasses
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Insect repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Flashlight, binoculars, batteries and spare light bulbs
- Basic medicine
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money, in Soles.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
Amazon – Sinchicuy